Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Restore disaster! 7 years 1 month ago #15757

• pkay
  • pkay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well that might be a bit of an exaggeration but in my attempt to dechrome my clutch cover and LHS engine cover I have damaged the surfaces to the extent they will look rubbish when finished. I missed a good LHS cover on eBay last week which was annoying too! Does anyone have either o these left over from another project they don't need? The bike is an A5 so the clutch cover has the 6.2 litre inscription not the 4.6. I have a good 4.6 one to swap if that helps?

On a positive my decals have arrived and the painting is underway. I also got some great bits from The guys in Finland and am on the order list for the next set of pipes. Ive also got my mufflers off at the chrome man.

Unfortunately I set fire to my 900mhr Ducati from a backfire so pace has slowed a bit while I sort that one out...... Don't mention bad luck coming in threes?

Cheers
PK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Restore disaster! 7 years 1 month ago #15760

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

pkay wrote: Well that might be a bit of an exaggeration but in my attempt to dechrome my clutch cover and LHS engine cover I have damaged the surfaces to the extent they will look rubbish when finished. I missed a good LHS cover on eBay last week which was annoying too! Does anyone have either o these left over from another project they don't need? The bike is an A5 so the clutch cover has the 6.2 litre inscription not the 4.6. I have a good 4.6 one to swap if that helps?

On a positive my decals have arrived and the painting is underway. I also got some great bits from The guys in Finland and am on the order list for the next set of pipes. Ive also got my mufflers off at the chrome man.

Unfortunately I set fire to my 900mhr Ducati from a backfire so pace has slowed a bit while I sort that one out...... Don't mention bad luck coming in threes?

Cheers
PK

Well, the big question here is by what process were you trying to dechrome the side covers? and maybe why? Was the plan to rechrome or.........

Sorry to hear about the Duke going up in smoke. Not too bad I hope. I've had an engine fire in the past from a backfire and almost lost a car in a garage so it could have also cost a house. Now i have a 5 lb and a 10 lb fire extinguisher at both ends of the garage. Once bitten, twice shy.

Restore disaster! 7 years 1 month ago #15798

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
A guy down the road lost his garage and 3 bikes to a backfire about two years ago. Sorry to hear about yours.

I also have several extinguishers dotted about.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds