Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

New member 7 years 2 months ago #15649

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Gert
my name is Dion, i sent you a email before asking if you sell the 1502cc kit
im in NZ so not viable to send the engine over for you to do
regards Dion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member 7 years 2 months ago #15653

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Wow some nice looking creations there.

New member 4 months 1 day ago #31897

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Hi everyone,My name is Gert Roewer and I live in a small country town in Southern NSW in Australia. I am 73 years old and in good health and very active. I have ridden bikes all my life since about age 17 and got my first z1300 in 1981. That was it I was hooked. I had a favourite z13 that I rode all over most of Australia and did many hundreds of kilometres on it. I have always done my own mechanical work and have become quite an expert on these bikes, and still to this day am sought out to work on them and build engines. I developed a big bore kit that I have fitted to about 10 bikes. It takes them out to 1502cc and makes an unbelievable difference. On my own big bore bike while out riding with a mate on a Yamaha xs1100 we decided to do some top gear roll ons.From about 80km/h the 13 just blasted away so my friend put his bike into 4th gear and we did it again. Once more the 13 just pulled away very convincingly. So my friend put his into 3rd gear (me still in 5th) and we did it again. This time it was almost level but the 13 still slowly edged in front.At present I have about ten 13's in various stages of rebuild, and a three z1300trikes that I am also working on. Trouble is that as soon as I finish a bike/trike someone wants to buy it and I am left walking. Still, it's a lot of fun.
Funny how the brain works. I was buzzing around on the Search tab and happened to search "Cylinder sleeves" and came across this 6 year old post. Gert was using KZ750 1st over pistons which are 67mm and creating 1502cc engines and had to date 10 engines done. So here I am 6 years later looking on EBay and finding KZ750 pistons (66mm) and wondering how they measure up, so I buy a set of 4 pistons for $9 USD. After checking them out, I find that they are identical to the KZ1300 pistons (62mm) and the KZ650 pistons, (62mm) only 4mm larger in diameter and 5 grams heavier. Time to get motivated.    

Attachments:

Last edit: by Kawboy.

New member 4 months 1 day ago #31898

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
I wonder how Gert is doing these days? Funny how forum peeps come and go. Get busy KB, it's winter, the addition is done, you have time... make it happen!

New member 4 months 23 hours ago #31907

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

I wonder how Gert is doing these days? Funny how forum peeps come and go. Get busy KB, it's winter, the addition is done, you have time... make it happen!

I fear the worst here. He was 73 when he posted 6 years ago and hasn't been back on the site since.

New member 4 months 16 hours ago #31909

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Yeah, I get it. 

My R60/2 and 69s are from my Uncle Dutch. Dead after last Canada ride in 1974.
Wabs, the DL650 from my best friend  dead of heart attack.

So let's make the most of it, yes?

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds