Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Member in Michigan 7 years 3 months ago #15262

• 442atlantic
  • 442atlantic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello All.... I just bought a decent 1980 KZ 1300 touring model I also have a 1979 CBX.... I like the six's. My Kaw is not running at this time due to a buggered up ignition switch and a carb cleaning. I am not sure if I will sell it or fix it up... I am glad that there is only 3 carbs to do... my CBX has 6 cabs ... and harder to tune. Mike Ohh I forgot I have a steamer for my other vehicle

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member in Michigan 7 years 3 months ago #15269

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Mike, Well I certainly hope you will keep and restore the 1300. It looks largely complete and original.

That steam locomotive looks amazing. Do you have a track to run it on? Quite a coincidence, I was looking at an advert for a British made one in a railway magazine.

New Member in Michigan 7 years 3 months ago #15270

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Welcome to the Forum from the Canadian side.
Love those steamers as well. What's the story?? Did you build it? We have a few of them over here in Canada. Can't remember the track size. "N" comes to mind.

Oh I really think you need to get the KZ running before you decide to flog it on the market. It's a totally different ride than the CBX. The KZ is a torque monster from the bottom end up where the CBX comes on like gang busters at 5500 rpm. Had 2 of the CBX's and loved them. Nothing like dropping 2 gears and ripping by a slow car. But the KZ is more like a freight train.

I must say that if I could find a CBX for a reasonable price, there would be one in the garage along side of the KZ1300 but here in Canada a reasonable CBX in running order is around $5,000- $7,000 Canadian and at this point in my retired life a little too strong for the pocket book. So my compromise will be a KZ1300 converted to look like (spoof) a Candy Glory Red CBX. I've gone to the trouble of finding the matching paint and spoofed the decal set to imitate the CBX markings only changing the "KZ1300" to read "KZX III". It will be a head turner for sure.

I guess my avatar pic says it all :whistle:

Last edit: by Kawboy.

New Member in Michigan 7 years 3 months ago #15351

• Sofiabg89
  • Largest 1300`s collection
  • Thank you received: 4
You have 1980 "B" model - bigger gas thank -7.1G
If it doesn't run-Don't try to start the bike before you change the CCT !
90+ % you could bent the valves!
Original ones are very marginal-get an upgrade or manual APE

Nickola
650/703 4502

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds