Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Uneven exhaust pressures 7 years 7 months ago #14021

• Petez13
  • Petez13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
The first pipe to get hot is 1 then 2,3,4,5 closely follow together. But 6 takes the longest by far.
If I have to strip the carbs yet again. I might actually go mad.
To add to this there is a big flat spot from 1.500 rpm upto 2.500rpm and to finish off it over heats in traffic.
Not what I expected after a rebuild,,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Uneven exhaust pressures 7 years 7 months ago #14058

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I had a lot of messing around to get my carb mixtures the way they needed to be after rebuilding them. My number 1 and 3 cylinders needed a different setting than the others and they are different from each other. Number 1 was really rich and fouling plugs while number 3 was very lean. I ended up adjusting them over several days. I would make a mixture change, drive for a bit, pull the plug and adjust it again. Took several attempts to get it just right.

Still waiting on the gunson colortune I ordered..... would have made life so much simpler.

Don't know what to say about overheating in traffic other than to suggest a manual overide for your fan. I turn mine on well before the fan kicks in on its own.

Uneven exhaust pressures 7 years 7 months ago #14098

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
The "Flat Spot" you refer to is usually an indication that the transition jetting is blocked. Could be only one carb. Could be more then one. It could be any one or more (and any combination of carbs) of the three transition jets found in the top of the venturi which the edge of the throttle-plate covers when the throttle is closed. If the blockage is varnish in nature then The Cleaning Tool I sell will deal with the issue and the carbs merely need to be removed with no disassembly required. If the blockage(s) are solid in nature (rust/dirt) then the carbs need to be stripped for the Cleaning Tool to flush out this material.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Uneven exhaust pressures 7 years 7 months ago #14099

• Petez13
  • Petez13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi scotch,
I think I know the jets that you are referring to. I could see cleaning fluid coming out from them. And then pushed a single strand of electrical wire in them,
So they should be ok. Having said that something is obviously still wrong.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds