Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

New owner from El Paso 7 years 5 months ago #14835

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Raygun wrote:

Torque59 wrote: Hey Raygun, nice finds. Got to keep these awesome machines on the road. I certainly hope that you don't break the A1 as she would be absolutely fabulous restored. Keep up the good work.

Not sure what I'll do with the A1 yet. I hear what y'all are saying but cosmetically it is a nightmare and would require a significant investment to get into good looking shape. I don't really do paint... I'm just a wrench turner.

My plan is to spoof my KZ into a CBX look alike complete with the Candy Glory red/black fuel tank, Red front fender, black satin side covers and the Red/Black tail section. I got a price from an autobody shop to paint @ $700 canadian and I thought that was reasonable for a 2 tone candy paint plus the satin finish on the side covers. Now my plan is to buy the materials and squirt it myself. I'm all about doing the work myself and if it's not perfect, I'll mark it down to artistic impression. I'm fearless when it comes to doing new things. As an example I bought 6 cow hides and a sewing machine and sewed new seat covers for my 928 Porsche and I can say they are definately not a simple seat to sew up. I thought they turned out fairly decent

So I'm going to have a crack at the paint work. Life is all about the journey 'cause it sure as hell is not about getting to the end #@$#$
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New owner from El Paso 7 years 5 months ago #14838

• Raygun
  • Raygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Kawboy wrote:

Raygun wrote:

Torque59 wrote: Hey Raygun, nice finds. Got to keep these awesome machines on the road. I certainly hope that you don't break the A1 as she would be absolutely fabulous restored. Keep up the good work.

Not sure what I'll do with the A1 yet. I hear what y'all are saying but cosmetically it is a nightmare and would require a significant investment to get into good looking shape. I don't really do paint... I'm just a wrench turner.

So I'm going to have a crack at the paint work. Life is all about the journey 'cause it sure as hell is not about getting to the end #@$#$

Looks fantastic! I completely understand about giving the paint work a go, I've done some small jobs here and there but nothing this big. I guess we'll see. For now she'll just sit.
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds