Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

greetings from oil country! 7 years 9 months ago #12903

• Twitchy
  • Twitchy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all, I just signed up and wanted to give a shout to the community. I'm a mechanic out here in the oil patch of Texas (motorcycle/power sport and other small engines) professionally for 3 years. Graduate of MMI Phoenix with the privilege to train under some of the best modern and old school/vintage wrenches motorcycling will ever know.

I got myself a slew of old steel over the years, with oddly enough they were all bought off craigslist in some form or another.
two years back I picked up a 1980 kz1300 touring with bags and tour pack. Front fairing was some hack modified Honda thing I stripped and tossed mainly because the headlight bucket and signal mounts were still in place. So it's a naked front for now. I'm itching to get something done on it because it needs nearly everything. Brakes, tires, forks, wiring, chain/sprockets, carb clean, fuel flush, etc... the only solid bits are the frame is straight and power train is usable. Trans shifts, engine has compression and spark on all cylinders .

I look forward to talking with everyone and getting this beast back on the road.

Have a good one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds