Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Newbie from Oz with an A5 7 years 11 months ago #12592

• hillsy
  • hillsy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks guys - I had a feeling these bars looked a little too high. For the time being I've tilted the current bars forward so the lhs switch block clears the tank.

I'll keep looking for a set of bars that are a bit lower.

Anyway, next on the agenda is a carb clean / inspection / overhaul / pulling out hair exercise ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie from Oz with an A5 7 years 10 months ago #12700

• hillsy
  • hillsy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
OK, so I figured out the oil switch not working (www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/welcome-m...-it-be-cleaned-fixed), so that's small but pleasing progress.

In other news, I delved into the charging system to see why it wasn't working. Taking off the cover revealed a pretty new looking stator (my bro did say he had it rewound not so long ago). Anyway, wiring wasn't my brothers strong point.....and it looked like a clusterf*ck behind the ignitor so I basically re-wired the charging system from the stator back to the battery. I had a spare reg/rec unit lying around that I knew was good so I just wired that one in (it was off my old VL1500 so I know it throws out a bit of power).

Bingo - 13.5v at idle and shoots up to 14.5v over 3k RPM. Seems to run a little stronger - main thing I noticed was the indicators flash a little faster and they come on straight away now (there used to be a second delay - probably because of the compromised voltage)

Next up will be working on the carbs when I can get a full afternoon to tinker (family, kids, life). I can smell gas in the oil, so I know there's some issues with the carbs.

I'm sure there will be some surprises in store for me there as well :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hillsy.
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds