Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #12870

• ZRX1300
  • ZRX1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
found some more pics, taken round 84/85 on my travels, hope the forum police don't mind ;)

very glad l took these photos

Bullsbrook, Perth

Broome, Western Australia rest stop, very hot out that way

We had a shack by Squatters Rights on the Ord River, Kununurra

Great Australian Bight, South Australia, Southern Ocean, actually pretty scarey out there, high winds that swoop in and a big drop onto the rocks below

after a 3,600Klm ride from my work at Argyle Diamonds, Kununurra to Dareton New South Wales, l stopped into my sisters house to take her kids for a spin round the block

more snotty nosed kids, this time my brothers in Robinvale, Victoria

wish they'd keep their grubby hands of the 13 :angry:

lean mean sex machine... ahhh those were the days, sadly long gone :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #12881

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
These are great photos.
What is the speed limit in Australia, when you get out of the towns and cities? Did you ever have the 1300 maxed out? If so, what was the experience like?
Did you say that you intend buying another 1300 one day? If you rode one now, I wonder if it would be as good as it is in your memory. I'm not sure about motorcycles, but if you drive a car which is five / ten years old, they often feel positively stone age compared to a modern car. Maybe that is not the case with bikes.

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #12882

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
Forgot to include a photo of my sadly departed XS1100.
Attachments:

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #12883

• ZRX1300
the speed limit back in the day was 110kph out of town in all states except Northern Territory, which was open (no limit, if pulled over you had to prove you weren't driving/riding dangerously). The stretch between Cooper Pedy and Darwin was open limit that l travelled often, remember coming up to a Highway Patrol Pursuit car at a frightening speed, too late to slow down so just overtook him and give a wave as passed, maybe around 180-200kph, the 13 was really not controllable at that speed, but was good fun as not much traffic around, not sure top speed as it badly needed a fairing which l never got around to buying, as we all know/say, one l should never of sold.

Your 100% correct Jimbo, l regularly ride the old bikes and new, also some old muscle cars, basically their dinosours, but it's the only way to go, new stuff does nothing for me (even thou they are far superior to ride/own), also remembering I'm lot older/slower now days.

Basically they are a hoot to ride the old stuff, and the looks/comments you get are endless, you make a lot of peoples day.

Last edit: by ZRX1300.

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #12884

• ZRX1300
great bike, shaft drive killed it a bit of power, l regularly rode a mates XS 1.1 great memory's of that bike.

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #13045

• ZRX1300

biltonjim wrote: Did you say that you intend buying another 1300 one day?

got my eyes on this local one Jimmy, 83 injected, had a head on smash 15 years ago and been parked up since, the seller recently put some replacement forks and wheel on to roll around for sale, frame is strait but needs minor stuff, radiator, bars, winkers duck tail etc.., but the good thing is it's Australian market and the road registration has been paid for all these years so it's good to go once repaired, it's perfect for me to build a copy of Robert Bolduc's stunning ZRX1300R, hope he don't mind, but still need to raise the money :( :( :(

l think he might of squashed his nuts :ohmy: or she hurt her .. any way see how l go

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds