• Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone Tried Different Handlebars ? 9 years 7 months ago #4160

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I have some minor refurnbs to do over winter (including new brake hoses, cables and bar grips), and was thinking of ditching the original bars, as I find they pinch inwards too much, and dont feel as natural to me as my other bikes. Maybe I just have odd wrists :lol:

I was thinking of putting a set of Z1 / Z900 bars on my Z13 as they seem about the same height, but I prefer the more open bar position.

Was wondering if anyone else had swapped bars for any reason ??
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone Tried Different Handlebars ? 9 years 7 months ago #4161

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I used to run the drag bars as they are known nowadays, they were good for touring when I had no screen but after I fitted a screen I didn't have the wind taking some weight and my wrists got very sore so I went back to the stock bars and a sit up and beg position. I always felt that the stock bars needed to be about 2 inches wider and back about an inch for me to be just right.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Anyone Tried Different Handlebars ? 9 years 7 months ago #4175

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I changed the bars on my kz for the same reason. I bought the low rise bars from Zparts and am very happy with them.

cheers

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds