• Page:

TOPIC:

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1282

• Mikez
  • Mikez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationRight now, I'm comparing three different kinds of crash bars. The first two I'm looking at buying and the third I already have on the bike and I've attached a picture of it since it would be hard to describe otherwise :).
My bike is a 1980A2

and

Can someone tell me if the second one, which seems to be designated for a zn1300, will fit my KZ? I dont know for sure regarding the fitment but I like the minimized look and the triangle safety bars meant for the KZ's are rarely seen going for a cheap price.

Also, can anyone tell me if one would be better than the other in the case of if a bike is laid down? I'm looking to minimize or negate all damage if possible keeping it localized on the crash bars. With the bars I have on there now, I'm worried that if the bike ever gets laid on it's side it might twist the frame and crush the radiator. I've never actually laid it down though so at this point I'm only speculating.

If the bars on there are capable of holding the weight of the bike on it's side, maybe I can install ebay item 350874157213 in addition to it? I welcome anyone weighing in on this :).

If you have any personal experiences with crash bars or dropping your bikes, I'd be interested in reading about those as well! Thanks all!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZQ.

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1283

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Shoot i forgot to select where to put the topic. Is there any way to move this from the new members section to the chassis one?

No Problem Mike. Done!
Bill

Last edit: by KZQ.

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1288

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221
Hi Mike

while I can not answer the question if the bars fit I would like to recommend the ones I have on my bike, they seem to be different to all yours, however I have laid the bike down when I had an accident and nothing happen to the covers.

regardZ

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1293

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Mike:

I have the type as depicted in your first ebay listing. The "KM247" bars.

I find they offer a fair amount of protection, and yet provide the best access to the engine while installed.

They also have a smaller footprint, covering the engine. I kinda like the minimal look these guards offer.

Recently I had to replace a leaky stator gasket on the RH side and had to remove the crash bars. Fairly easy to do with the one front through-bolt and the other two shorter bolts.

In a hard mishap these could fold into the case but in the end, I think they would do their job and save the crank.

Regards.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1296

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks! I wouldn't mind the first one. I kind of like the look on the second one a little more as well.

I might get it anyway just to give it a whirl lol.

Crash bars 10 years 2 months ago #1323

• eddie.river
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Voyager bars are strong. I bought my Voyager with damage to the left side crash bar already built in. It had scraped nearly through the tubing but remained in shape. Sadly I cant tell you if they fit your bike.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds