Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 9 years 4 months ago #5377

• LareNurminen
  • LareNurminen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
My friend and I both ride KZ1300s and own several of them.
We are trying to make the "hard to find" parts available for restorers and riders.

We can now offer the hard to find fork ears for restoration projects.
The fork ears are manufactured from stainless steel and will never rust!
Available in polished stainless steel or in black powder coated stainless steel.
Longer version suits 1979-1980 models (without the balance tube between fork legs)
Shorter version for 1981-1989.

Price in Euros is 160 / pair and shipping cost 35 Euros (worldwide)

Just state the length and finish when ordering.
PayPal is used for payment.

You can order from: lauri.elopak (at) gmail.com)

Greetings, Lauri :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 9 years 4 months ago #5380

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I saw them on Ebay I think? Do you guys manufacture the SS air box covers as well?For $350 USD? I don't know about the rest of you but that's like almost $300 USD for those fork ears.You can pick up some Emgo ones and a generic rectangle head light for a fraction of the cost.Even NOS stock ones are cheaper.I'm a buyer at $100 USD. But for that price I want them gold plated ;) Just sayin..

Last edit: by kennyb.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 9 years 4 months ago #5384

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
It's all about supply and demand. Sure, aftermarket ears are the cheapest option, but for those going for a "proper" restoration, they aren't usable. Same with actual NOS parts- just because they run for cheaper doesn't mean they are always available.

You have to consider these are (I'm guessing) more or less hand-crafted individual parts. Think about how long it would take to make one (by hand) then dividethe price to get an hourly rate. Kawasaki was able to drive the prices down by making a bunch of parts originally. The high prices now are simply a result of scarcity. For people without access to Ebay or salvage yards, this is a godsend.

I don't need any now, but back when I was still looking for headlight parts, I actually considered it. Thankfully, I got lucky.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 9 years 4 months ago #5385

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I get the whole macro economics concept believe me ;) I'm not knocking the quality.I'm sure they are top notch.But I can't wait till 3D printers become as cheap as LED TV's have become.Remember back in the day when a 40 inch plasma was around 8K now you can get one at Wallymart for $300 or less. I love these 1300's I really do but I can't justify in my mind laying out that kind of coin.I'll wait until I can print some out or China get's in on the whole classic bike market and starts cranking them out.

Last edit: by kennyb.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 9 years 4 months ago #5393

• LareNurminen
  • LareNurminen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi,

You are absolutely right about the fork ears being made by hand.
My friend who has owned a company manufacturing stainless steel parts has retired and now makes these parts as a hobby. He is not going to be rich by making these fork ears and the air box covers and the stainless steel mufflers and the other bits he is doing.
It is more about keeping the KZ1300s on the road and offering others the chance to bring them back to their original glory.

He owns nine KZs and I have three.
Let us keep the beasts howling.

Greetings, Lauri

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8087

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My view.
You purchase a Z1300 because you wanted one and could not afford as a youth. When purchased you find that the spares situation is dire due to Kawasaki not manufacturing the parts you need. You then troll the net for many hours only to find the part you need is not available :ohmy: .
Its the likes of Lauri which helps us to restore and gain remanufactured spares to help keep a classic bike on the road.
Lauri has put a lot of time and money to produce the items that we all need. And do have to say his items are spot on.

So open your wallet. Nothing in life is free or cheap.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds