Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brand new starter motor 9 years 7 months ago #4234

• tackelhappy
  • tackelhappy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Looking for a new starter motor ? - @ $87 and free shipping.
Buy it and put it on the shelf.
Item #151386513286
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brand new starter motor 9 years 7 months ago #4249

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
$95 US postage to Australia !!!!!, found a lot of bits from an old Honda 750/4 starter will fit the Kawasaki starter body
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Brand new starter motor 9 years 7 months ago #4257

• tackelhappy
  • tackelhappy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
The fact that there are now 2 sellers on ebay selling this part is a bit curious only because there seems to be little demand from sellers with the original ones for sale, parts are available if you want to rebuild the one you have and this part is not referenced to fit any other bike.
I was just thinking out loud how a decision is made to reproduce this part as there is a lot of work involved here- this is quite a complicated part to make-
How many will they actually sell. BUT along with very cheap new alternators and rectifiers- of which I have tried both and are still working as they should - lucky us for having a choice.
There doesn't seem to be an easy answer on the shipping costs outside the USA unfortunately.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Brand new starter motor 9 years 7 months ago #4259

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Recently I put in a new starter in a friends GL1200. The cheap $100.00 replacement (100% new) starter had issues. Our local parts guy was kind enough to order a replacement. When we received the 2nd starter I opened it up and found a lack of grease on the reduction (Planetary) gears. Both new starters were noisy and sounded awful when turning over. However it did start the bike better than the old starter.

Adding lube to the reduction gears inside the starter helped and we still have that starter in service on his GL/ Gold Wing.

The Kaw starter is different than the GL unit, but be careful in buying the cheap knockoff units.

With overhaul parts being available I think the best way to refurbish your old starter is having it overhauled at your local electrical shop. They can turn the armature on their lathe, and true up the conductor surfaces, as long as the OEM starter is still a good core.

Regards.

T.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Brand new starter motor 9 years 7 months ago #4300

• wrgoo56
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Look on bike bandit and look up the the 1980 to 1889 KZiooo police bike. The starter is almost a even swap and maybe parts will inter chain. You can still get oem parts for that bike. Also the whole front brake system is like ours every thing will cross over.

Last edit: by wrgoo56.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds