Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 10 months ago #3491

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
For anybody who, like me, wishes to keep their 1300 looking original as far as possible, have a look at these mufflers:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...me=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

I have just bought a pair, and although I haven't fitted them yet, I can say that the quality of construction and finish is outstanding. There is also a Youtube video demonstrating the sound of the bike with these fitted. I believe it is a similar exhaust note to the factory items.
If you need a pair of mufflers, I recommend these 100%. Yes, they are a lot of money, but well worth it, in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LareNurminen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 5 months ago #4791

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi Byron,

Thanks for the positive comments. The mufflers are made in Finland by a Stainless Steel craftsman who is also a KZ1300 fan. He has ridden one since 1980 and currently has a garage full of them. I am helping him with the international contacts due to my language skills, I also have three KZ1300s.

We are currently working on the downpipes and middle muffler box, the plan is to be able to offer the complete exhaust system in the future. Including the shields in stainless.

We also have made the air box covers in stainless, including the pins (never break off).
Igniter for 1981 bike is unique, we offer a Plug and Play reproduction unit.

My email is lauri.elopak(at)gmail.com

Best regs, Lauri

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 5 months ago #4793

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Thank you Laurie and Jim,

Great information! Thanks for posting it.

I'm also involved over at KZRider.com where commercial postings are prohibited. Fortunately, because of our size and narrower focus, we have no need of such limitations. I see postings like yours as adding to our community.

There is one comment I'd like to make about Jim's post. Links to time limited auctions and sales such as Craig's List and EBay can be frustrating as once the auction or sale has ended the post looses most or all of its meaning.

Jim, did you realize that that link no longer displays the pictures of the exhaust system?

Laurie, Would it be possible for you to post some images of your friend's products?

Thank You

Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Last edit: by KZQ.

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 5 months ago #4794

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi,

Enclosed pics of the Stainless mufflers, air box covers and 1981 igniter.

Regs, Lauri

www.kz1300.com/media/kunena/emoticons/cheerful.png
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 5 months ago #4797

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
Sorry about the expired link, Bill.

Great to hear that you hope to make the middle box and down pipes too, Lauri. Will the pipes be double walled to avoid discoloration?

Like I said before, the stainless mufflers are just a joy to look at! I have such admiration for craftsmanship at this level.
Regards,
Jim

Stainless Steel Original Shape Mufflers 9 years 5 months ago #4799

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Laurie,

There is also a need for the tray that closes the top of the air filter. Actually, I'd bet that that need is more urgent.

Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds