Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15302

• Gavin
  • Gavin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
The switch gear on my 1984 DFI has seen better days, does anyone know where I can get some replacement decals from?

Cheers in advance

Gavin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15304

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Seen that question a few times here and to the best of my knowledge the answer was "not available". I recall Pete (AKA KZA13) trying to find something to use and ended up finding a new switch in Outer Uzbekistan and giving up the quest for the holy grail.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15305

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I've redone switches like this by painting the body of the switch in a satin black then filling in the lettering with white or yellow paint by hand with a fine tipped brush and then lightly sanding the final product to flatten out the lettering paint and then clear coating in a satin clear finish. I was happy with the result. You'd be hard pressed to tell it from an original.

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15307

• Gavin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Kawboy wrote: I've redone switches like this by painting the body of the switch in a satin black then filling in the lettering with white or yellow paint by hand with a fine tipped brush and then lightly sanding the final product to flatten out the lettering paint and then clear coating in a satin clear finish. I was happy with the result. You'd be hard pressed to tell it from an original.

Thanks for your reply

That way works for sorting the recessed lettiering on switch clusters, but the ZG1300 are not the recessed type and only have transfers

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15308

• Gavin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

RickG wrote: Seen that question a few times here and to the best of my knowledge the answer was "not available". I recall Pete (AKA KZA13) trying to find something to use and ended up finding a new switch in Outer Uzbekistan and giving up the quest for the holy grail.

Cheers Rick

I am beginning to come to the same conclusion

Handlebar decals 7 years 2 months ago #15309

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
What about going to a "sign/graphics/printing" place and getting them to make some transfers? The medium is thin for both the water transfer or a rub-on type and could? be clear coated for durability.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds