Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cleaning Agents 8 years 6 months ago #9170

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
For those of you who live in Australia, I have found these 2 products to be invaluable for cleaning.

Nulon - Foaming Air Intake Cleaner
This stuff is awesome for cleaning carbs and just about anything. Please note that I didn't use it as specified on the can, I used it to clean the carbies after they were removed from the bike. It's great for cleaning most 'gunk'. After using it I just sprayed enough carb cleaner to remove residue. I gather it is like Seafoam and the Subaru foam cleaner.

CYNDAN - Safety Degreasing Solvent
This is a 'High Flash Point Solvent' that I have noticed some people wondering about as it is mentioned in the service manual quite a few times. It may be a bit expensive for some and it does have a strong smell about it, but it does a really good job.
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cleaning Agents 8 years 4 months ago #10131

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Yaegunp wrote: For those of you who live in Australia, I have found these 2 products to be invaluable for cleaning.

Nulon - Foaming Air Intake Cleaner
This stuff is awesome for cleaning carbs and just about anything. Please note that I didn't use it as specified on the can, I used it to clean the carbies after they were removed from the bike. It's great for cleaning most 'gunk'. After using it I just sprayed enough carb cleaner to remove residue. I gather it is like Seafoam and the Subaru foam cleaner.

CYNDAN - Safety Degreasing Solvent
This is a 'High Flash Point Solvent' that I have noticed some people wondering about as it is mentioned in the service manual quite a few times. It may be a bit expensive for some and it does have a strong smell about it, but it does a really good job.

UPDATE
I can no longer recommend the CYNDAN high flash point solvent. My experience is that whenever I use it I feel quite ill and whatever you get it on, the smell will linger around longer than your senses can stand. I believe it does contain some sort of oil as well so if you don't want to lubricate what you're using it on then I suggest you find an alternative. Hope that helps.
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Last edit: by Yaegunp.

Cleaning Agents 8 years 4 months ago #10134

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
LACQUER THINNER !!!!
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.601 seconds