Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WANTED: AIR BOX TO CARB DONUTS 7 years 2 months ago #15520

• dogfight
  • dogfight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Well guys, it's been a while since I made the trip back from New Brunswick with my KZ. The part sticking out of the oil drain hole turned out to be a chunk of the oil pump plastic gear which on further investigation turned out to have ingested the remains of the cam chain idler sprocket. The sprocket itself is nowhere to be found so I guess I was riding with only the needle bearing spinning on the shaft until the chain ate it up and spit the needles down into the oil pump gear.
And to think I was booking up to about 120 Kph for 2,000 Km like that! Scary.
I can't find anyone with a new idler sprocket so I bought another motor. I popped the sump and everything looked Ok so I've swapped motors and hopefully that will do it. The carbs got a rebuild but the air box to carb "donuts" are totally messed up and I could probably silicone them up but I don't like that idea.
Anyone got a line on a set of these things? The Kawasaki no. is 14073-1015. Any leads will be greatly appreciated.
I guess I could find a set of KN type filters (pods) but I've heard that they will interfere with setting up the balance on the carbs. Again, any source on these would be very helpful.
Thanks to all.
Dogfight.
PS. If God hadn't meant bikes to be worked on, He wouldn't have made Winter. :woohoo:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WANTED: AIR BOX TO CARB DONUTS 7 years 2 months ago #15525

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Hi, if you cant find any locally I think that Helmut at MCG in Germany had these rubbers in stock.
www.z1300.de/
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

WANTED: AIR BOX TO CARB DONUTS 7 years 2 months ago #15530

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Love the look of that Yoshi pipe on the end of the black headers !! Awesome Dude !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dogfight

WANTED: AIR BOX TO CARB DONUTS 7 years 2 months ago #15579

• dogfight
Thanks Kawboy;

Yeh, it looks great but I can't fit the stock passenger bracket on that side. I might have to go to a frame clamp type foot peg or just ride solo. Anyway it sounds amazing without being too loud when I'm touring unlike my old Road King which was like listening to a 50 cal. all day.
Tim.

WANTED: AIR BOX TO CARB DONUTS 7 years 2 months ago #15580

• dogfight
Thanks a million Tonto! I had given up on finding them and was about to fab up something with flashing and duct tape. How ugly would that be? I'll have to wait for their email though as my German is only what I know from Hogan's Heroes.
The build is waiting just for these parts so you really saved the day.
THANKS!!!
Tim. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds