Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12431

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well, I just ordered mine. Super fast response and reasonable shipping. Thanks for the tip. I am depending on this site for more helpful info.

Again, big thanks.
MZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12456

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
This makes me recall that I will be addressing my seat at some point. I have the factory stepped seat from '79. It's completely tatty, but that's fine: I never intended it to be used in its current iteration.

I was planning on cutting the seat pan and re-forming/re-foaming the seat, since I'm cutting the back of the frame down.

Before I do that, though, is there such a thing as a two-piece seat for these bikes? Would I be destroying something valuable to someone else by cutting down my seat and pan?
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12612

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My thanks to KWAK1261 and others. I got the seat from your Ebay last night. It is beautiful. I now have a complete 1975 RE5 Suzuki Rotary parked next to my KZ. So much money, and neither one runs. Oh well, the guys at the local shop are jealous.

More questions and requests, coming soon.

Big thanks,
MZ

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12616

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72

Mightyzod wrote: My thanks to KWAK1261 and others. I got the seat from your Ebay last night. It is beautiful. I now have a complete 1975 RE5 Suzuki Rotary parked next to my KZ. So much money, and neither one runs. Oh well, the guys at the local shop are jealous.

Big thanks,
MZ

glad to be of service, the seat manufacturer does have a very good reputation.

Ian
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12619

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Well how bout you get the Zod camers out, dust it off and put up some pictures of this RE5. I have been trying to get one for about 10 years now without any success. I am getting seriously jealous now.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Need a seat 7 years 11 months ago #12631

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mightyzod wrote: My thanks to KWAK1261 and others. I got the seat from your Ebay last night. It is beautiful. I now have a complete 1975 RE5 Suzuki Rotary parked next to my KZ. So much money, and neither one runs. Oh well, the guys at the local shop are jealous.

Big thanks,
MZ

Come on. Need to see photo's of the RE5. One bike that would like to own b4 I kick the bucket. Missed out on one 15 years ago on ebay. A minter sold for £2505. Missed it by £5.00. Still kicking myself to this day :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds