Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ignition switch 7 years 11 months ago #12229

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
No not you,... The MightyZod.. :P unless you didnt have yours done either :whistle:

stocktoy wrote: If you were meaning me location updated

kwak1261 wrote: Dont worry mate i fell for the same switch disguised as a seat lock trick :huh:
update your profile with your location when you get chance.
B)

Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kwak1261.

Ignition switch 7 years 11 months ago #12231

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Manuals available on the site!!!! Man, I have to pay closer attention. Finally got home from work, went straight to the shop. Turned the key to the horizontal position and the taillight came on, but nothing else.

I will go out tomorrow and mess with it some more, and take some pictures. The previous owner said that it had a bad switch somewhere, but he wasn't sure of the exact location.

Now, I'm going to go take a look at those stinkin manuals.

MZ

Ignition switch 7 years 11 months ago #12233

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Around about late 1980 a friend bought the last A1 in Australia (he got $1000 off as it was the old model and a demo bike) and it was identical to mine even down to my key fitting his lock but not the other way and we spent 3 weeks touring in North Queensland and about 10 times I turned his main switch off without him knowing and the first 2 times he was going right off about the F***ing thing and taking it back to Kawasaki and inserting it etc. Then cracking up because the switch was crap and wouls change without the key. Apparently he suspected me but his key didn't fit my bike so it could not have been that. We were good enough mates to have a good laugh when he did find out what happened before he took it back to the dealer.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Ignition switch 7 years 11 months ago #12243

• Mightyzod
  • Mightyzod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Only mates get away with treating each other like that.I went to the shop this morning and worked the second switch with the key; back and forth, repeat as needed. Suddenly, the instrument panel lights up and the engine turns when asked to. Nowm I will take some pictures and post if possible.
This is a picture of the bike the day I bought it. I hope you can see it.
Thanks for the hint on the switch being sticky.

MZ

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds