Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11687

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
So my mechanic went the extra step and removed the crank to check for wear and figures I should replace the bearings since I've gone this far. He also suggested I replace the chains while I am in there since they are at the limits of tolerance.

Where can I go to get these parts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11690

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I'm in the process of trying to find the chains and I'll post when I finally get them. They're becoming quite the pain in the ass to find. KWAK1261 just bought a set of chains and they're for the ZN1300 I think and are the wrong length. He's also trying to source. Between the 2 of us, it's a global effort.

One site has them listed as 63-139 series Borg Warner HYVO chains. One is a HV305-50 (the secondary) and a HV306-46 for the primary. Both chains are a rocker joint chain 3/8" pitch. the primary is 1-1/2" wide and the secondary is 1-1/4" wide. I'm currently waiting for a response from a division of Borg Warner who make chains for the automotive industry. there are other manufacturers of HYVO chains but they specialize in conveyor belt applications. Also, there's been quite a few innovations in the HYVO chain drives and not all HYVO chains will fit all HYVO sprockets. we don't want to mismatch here.

This bike of mine is getting to be more complicated than my 1985 Porsche 928 and I thought the Porsche was a pain in the ass!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ledkz1300

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11694

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So funny you mention Porsche. I had a 84 930 and it was hateful and stupid expensive to get parts for... if you could get them. Mine was complicated by the fact it didn't have the stock engine.. some rare turbo variant from a different year that was even more difficult to source parts for. I cracked a rim on a pothole and it was $5000 to replace it. I was done with Porsche after that.

Please keep me posted. We are digging in on our end as well. If we come up with anything I'll let you know.

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11697

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Doesn't the German site (z1300.de) have crank bearings? Not NOS, but definitely a source if you need it.

Can't help with the chains, unfortunately....

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11698

• Petez13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
www.z1300.de the German site has both chains and bearings

Best source for crank bearings? 8 years 2 weeks ago #11700

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks guys.

I was able to find the bearings there but I can't find the chains on their site. I've gotten a few things from him already but his prices for some stuff is very high with the exchange rate. If I am reading this right it looks the bearings alone are going to cost over $600 CAD. Am I reading that right?

I can find the bearings listed on other sites, including dealer sites but none are in stock... of course. However, the cost per set is $40 CAD instead of $100 US.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds