Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WTB KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10408

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

globemaster wrote: The A and 1980B2 (one year only) frames are basically the same, but there are minor differences. The B frame has no mounts for turn signals. They are integral with the fairing and saddle bags. The seat mounting brackets on the B are different. However, there are owners who have converted 1980B models to A configuration. One guy had his set up so he could convert back and forth to either A or B in about 30 minutes.

Globemaster is correct here. I'm in the middle of converting a B model to an A model and there are some minor differences on the rear of the frame. The turn signal mounts and also a triangular tab to bolt the storage box in the tail section to. Also the 4 mounts for the rear tail section are out of position by about 1-1/4".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelbygt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WTB KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10409

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

globemaster wrote: The A and 1980B2 (one year only) frames are basically the same, but there are minor differences. The B frame has no mounts for turn signals. They are integral with the fairing and saddle bags. The seat mounting brackets on the B are different. However, there are owners who have converted 1980B models to A configuration. One guy had his set up so he could convert back and forth to either A or B in about 30 minutes.

Err, takes me about half a day if I'm not distracted.

The A1/2 headlight gear will fit straight on to a B2 frame. My B2 frame needed a few small brackets welding on to be able to support the A1/2 backend. Nothing too serious though. I managed to find a rear light/plate bracket with the indicator stalks built in. I would rather have the regular indicator mountings under the seat rails but I can live with what I have.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelbygt

WTB KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10415

• 6cylinder
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I have a good 1983 voyager frame with a clean arizona title. bike has 65,000 miles on it. it is a parts bike for me I also have an 86 model that I am building,
millers auto electric

WTB KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10416

• Shelbygt
  • Shelbygt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
From what I understand the Voyager frame is different from the earlier bikes.

WTB KZ1300 8 years 3 months ago #10737

• Shelbygt
  • Shelbygt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Rockin' a Texas sized McChubber here. I've been looking and haven't been happy with the results. Both proud and happy to say I was able to locate the bike that grabbed my interest in these bikes back when I was in high school. He had purchased it new and kept it all of these years along with all of the paperwork from the original purchase. He also gathered up boxes of original parts. Was able to work a deal with him and I couldn't be happier. The bike under cover and on a battery tender. It's particularly special to me to find THE BIKE that caught my eye in my youth and I'm happy to share this with you. :-)
Attachments:

WTB KZ1300 8 years 3 months ago #10740

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Good find, looks to be in top condition, how many miles on it.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds