• Page:

TOPIC:

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9741

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
For Sale: One complete set of carbs. 1981+. They have the 10mm o-ringed fuel-bowl drain-bolt and have the 5 slot adjustable needles. The high-speed needles are clipped on the middle (#3 groove)as are my operational carbs with a DG header.
The carbs were meticulously cleaned and reassembled with brass floats (7.5mm fuel level). Float valve-bodies have new O-rings. The stock fuel-tee has been retained and includes 5/16" fuel-line and fuel filter routed "correctly" for proper fuel delivery with no starvation. They were installed on my '80, synchronized and road tested. 135 Kilometers were run on these carbs with Esso Premium fuel. 85 Kilometers were hwy riding. These carbs performed perfectly with quick start, smooth idle, excellent transition and steady throttle at any speed with no surging. Spark-plugs were acceptable light brown color.

The 3 fuel-bowls, L & R top covers, linkage rods, idle adjustment rod and bottom retainer, two top joiner plates and 3 fuel-enriching covers have been cleaned to a good bright finish, ready to proceed with further polishing if desired. The three bodies have a high luster fine "wrinkle" finish.
Fuel-bowl, enriching covers and top cover screws are socket-head. The 6 idle-air screws have been converted to a socket head for ease of installation, adjustment and removal.

As with previous carb-sets I have rebuilt and sold: A synchronization check would be advisable upon installation but adjustment should not be necessary. These carbs are sold with the intention of being bolt-on and ride!

As I have cautioned previous buyers of my rebuilt carbs - If your 1300 has other issues these carbs will not solve those problems and I very strongly advise against any random carb-adjustments in an attempt to fix other concerns. These carbs are adjusted for optimum performance on a well tuned and maintained 1300 with correct ignition timing, valve timing and valve clearances.

If interested P.M. me.

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: globemaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9786

• 2shortofasixpak
  • Thank you received: 1
they look great, hope I can afford them. PM sent

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9789

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I didn't know you sold carbs Scotch. I thought you put them up for adoption. :whistle:

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9803

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Just testing a theory. If it works then I'll sell the kids and lease carbs. Adoption leaves a paper trail !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9806

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
A joy to behold, and a credit to you Scotch. I truly admire your workmanship.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Carbs for sale 8 years 5 months ago #9827

• 2shortofasixpak
  • Thank you received: 1
Tank is freshly cleaned, ready to buy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds