• Page:

TOPIC:

Drag bars suitable for the beast 8 years 8 months ago #8350

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I'm looking for a set of drag bars suitable for mounting on the KZ. Anyone have a suggestion on a good place to get ones that will fit the bike properly. I'm worried if they are too low or short they will jam up against the tank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drag bars suitable for the beast 8 years 8 months ago #8353

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
There are thousands of handlebars that will fit. I'm not sure you want to air wrestle a 650 lb big with drag bars on it. So here's my method of figuring it out.
Grab a buddy and a broom handle and a tape measure. give the tape measure to your buddy. With the handlebars that were on your bike removed, sit on the bike with your feet on the floor and take that broom handle and put it in a comfortable position you would like to have the handlebars at. Get your budy to measure the distance between the mount and the broomstick. That is your RISE. Now get him/her to measure the outside ends of your palms. That's your WIDTH. The last part you need to consider is the PULL BACK. So typically the handlebars are bent backwards at a point 11" in from the ends. Depending on how wide you want the handlebars and how wide you are at the shoulders would determine the pullback. If you take a set of handlebars and lay them on the table with the front side of the bars on the table, the pullback is the rise in height from the outer bend to the end of the bar. Typically the B2 models have about an 8" pullback where the A2 has about a 4-1/2" pullback. You might prefer something different, so take your existing bars and measure them on the table and then rough guess what you might prefer.

There's lots of suppliers out there who offer bars. you're looking for a 7.8" bar with the measurements that you come up with.
Hope this helps,
Kawboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ledkz1300

Drag bars suitable for the beast 8 years 8 months ago #8354

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Thanks a lot Kawboy. That is a great way to do it.

I find my ride position bothers my lower back in ways my 12 doesn't. I prefer to lean forward with my weight somewhat on my arms as opposed to on my back. The stock bars make me feel like I'm a T-rex with tiny arms lol. I didn't want bars too low so my controls scrape on the tank if I make a tight turn. Then I have to balance the fact my legs are more forward than they are on the 12.

This is a good way to do it!

Drag bars suitable for the beast 8 years 1 month ago #11450

• crash
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi I have a set cheers Wayne crash

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds