Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ZN1300 fairings, luggage, ect. Any interest? 9 years 1 month ago #6441

• Milletrecento
  • Milletrecento's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Haha OK just curious as you seem to have a strong interest in these bikes. I noticed most of the zn1300s I've seen over the years had at least some running problems. Work has been killing me recently and I just got "asked" to work all weekend so not sure if I'll be able to inspect anything to well right now. As soon as I can I'll let you know

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ZN1300 fairings, luggage, ect. Any interest? 9 years 1 month ago #6442

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
I'm in absolutely no hurry at all! I don't really NEED any of the stuff off yours right now. My saddlebag lids each have a small quarter-sized blister on top with what looks like a burn hole underneath. I thing they carried something hot inside once and it started to melt through. Someday I would like to replace those lids. The rest I would just like to hang onto to share with anybody else who might need something for a restoration. Gotta protect the supply of stock stuff for these old girls, ya know! I'm adding a sidecar, too, so that right fairing lower would be nice to have in case I need to cut into it a bit to fit the mounts. Same for the right side cover.

The rest of the stuff I would just like to have on hand for future. My fairing has some cracking around the mounts, as many do, but the PO did a super job of repairing it. I'm thinking of doing a complete paint job on mine, so it would be nice to do the paint on separate panels, then swap them out so the down time is minimal. Who knows, maybe have two different paint schemes to suit my moods!

My first '83 Voyager never did crack and gave me over 200,000 miles of trouble free service. I'm sure I would still have it, with over 1/2mil on it if I hadn't been t-boned on it. All of the plastics were destroyed, but it still ran fine, so I rode it home after the accident. Sold it to a guy who had one with a blown motor.

ZN1300 fairings, luggage, ect. Any interest? 9 years 1 month ago #6506

• Milletrecento
  • Milletrecento's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow that shows what kind of bike this is when you can be tboned and ride home. I checked the fairings and the side fairings have cracking on some of the mounting areas. The front fairing on the other hand seems to be crack free although the dash plastic does have some cracking which I think I may have caused. The gauge cluster has some bleeding as you can see and the bags have some scratches on the lids. Everything chrome pretty much has at least some rust. Come this weekend the seat and shocks may be up for grabs as well.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds