Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Factory colors 9 years 5 months ago #5290

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Have seen similar discussions regarding colors and years. My *1980* was originally the "Green/Blue". Frame Serial# KZT30A-009997 and engine serial# KZT30AAE10555. So if I'm understanding this correctly; My original color suggests it's a 1979 but the carb-float bowls are the 80? The reason for the comment is because I am waiting on a (complete)set of carbs advertised as '79 and the pictures show different bowls. Mine (1980?) have a single 10mm drain-bolt. The "79 carbs I've purchased have a difference in the bowl-casting which has two "galleries" (runners) from the center of the bowl to each side of the bowl. The '79? carbs i'm waiting for appear to have a drain (bolt/screw) at the outside end of each runner in the casting.
I'm not well informed about these finer differences but am curious as to what others better informed may have to say.
The (79?) carbs i'm waiting for appear identical in every other aspect to my (80?) carbs. I'm now even more curious as to what the jetting and main-needles will be in the "79?" carbs.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shelbygt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Factory colors 9 years 5 months ago #5291

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Hi, I have a '79, I also have a spare set of carbs, the bowls have the runners, the set in the bike now have the centre drain bolt, I have found no difference in the internals of the carbs, just the bowls, thought i'd put a photo of them here so you can see, I find the centre bolt ones easier to do the float level, but I guess the others would be as good just I haven't used them yet, cheers Pete.

after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Factory colors 9 years 4 months ago #5307

• KEZZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Reid.Happened across your post this evening whilst browsing the site.The colour of your bike is that of an A3 KZ1300,which makes it a 1981 model.Unless the tanks have been switched.As for colour codes,they do exist.I have a list with a great many codes,but yours isn't one of them.My body work is being repainted as we speak,so to speak.The painter was able to get the exact hue using the codes given to him,also,his paint supplier has all bike colour info at their finger tips,which is not available to outsiders.I found my paint code in a spare parts manual which was purchased not long after buying the bike.Another place to find the code is under the seat on the bottom of the pan.So old son,go find a spare parts manual,and have a squiz.Look at any section that has paint related parts.Failing that,I have a friend with an A3.Will ask her next time I see her,if she has a manual.Happy hunting bloke.KEZZ.

Factory colors 8 years 4 months ago #10538

• Shelbygt
  • Thank you received: 0
This is an awesome thread!

Factory colors 8 years 3 months ago #10539

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Scotch, only one side of the carb bowl is utilised in the carbs I have. There is a drain plug screw on the side and a fuel exit at the bottom. It is easy to put a 5-6mm clear plastic hose over it when you need to check fuel levels

inside

1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.
Attachments:

Factory colors 7 years 6 months ago #14784

• garygsx1100
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Mate, just brought a KZ1300 imported into England from the states and an struggling to find anyway to validate the engine number /VIN to verify model so that I can register it with the DVLA. Your message was helpful and if you could point me in the right direction that would be great, where do I look this up? Many thanks Gary

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds