• Page:

TOPIC:

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #524

• Mikez
  • Mikez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Does anyone have the horn cover pictured below? Just looking around the net it appears these covers are exceedingly rare (PLEASE correct me if im wrong lol). The one that came on my bike was painted with an excessively thick and amateur coat of yellow paint and I've been spending my night scraping and sanding it away. Now that I've almost got it all off, I need a high quality picture of what one should look like so I can attempt to restore it. From the pictures I've found it looks like these came in black with chrome paint lettering and a line of chrome on the top and bottom.

All of that chrome stuff was removed by the prior owner. Does anyone have one of these that you can take close-up pictures of so I can have a good reference? Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #528

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Mike

Here's a photo of the one on my z1300. Took me 6 months to get one and I eventually found one on the ebay in America - cost a small fortune !!!

cheers

Billy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikez

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #529

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you! I'm pretty fed up with mine already lol I've dumped so many hours into all those nooks and crannys getting the paint out and what's underneath looks pitted and awful :(. I'm considering getting a can of chrome colored paint and black primer at a hobby store and seeing if I can get it close to that :).

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #530

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I have one on my kz13 as well which I got from ebay also. It was a bit of a mess so I sprayed the whole thing in matt black then I got a silver touch up pen and went over the bits that were supposed to be silver. Took ages and you need a steady hand and lots of patience. Good luck.

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #531

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Mate, put a bikini fairing on the bike and you can hardly see the horns, also keeps the sun off the gauges and looks good, fairing would be cheaper than the horn cover, just a thought, a GPZ fairing fits the square headlight, have one myself.

after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Horn cover 14025-1200 10 years 5 months ago #554

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks guys! I've definitely considered a GPZ fairing especially with a chin scoop cause those can look really good if done right. I might definitely get one in the future lol. For now I enjoy the look and wind protection that my Slipstreamer SS-28 fairing provides :).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds