Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 10 years 1 month ago #2567

• ventura
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys, after a few delays, I've finished my hydraulic clutch conversion. I had a few extra plates laser cut to Pete's specs if anyone is interested - I would sell them to you for little more than the cost of shipping and my time. PM me your location for pricing if you're interested. Note - this is just the bare plate as per Pete's dimensions - 6mm thick aluminum plate, 110m in diameter with a 43mm hole cut 6mm from the edge, unfinished in the raw. You need to drill all other holes and supply all the other parts.

Since I'm not yet sure what style I'll be finishing my 13 in, I just bead blasted the parts and fitted them up.

Here's a pic of the raw plate and the final installation.
82 KZ1300
06 CBR1000RR
89, 83 RZ350
88 CBR1000F Hurricane
72 Yam AS3, 82 CT110
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 10 years 1 month ago #2575

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Really nice job that mate, it looks great.

I also find the clutch has more "Feel" with the conversion & obviously no chance of a cable or linkage snapping.

To anyone out there thinking of doing this, it is a great opportunity to buy the mounting plate available, as that is the hardest part to cover in the job itself.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 10 years 1 month ago #2576

• Bob4717
  • Thank you received: 0
PM sent.

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 10 years 1 month ago #2577

• ventura
Thanks Pete F, and thanks again for the excellent write-up and instruction. I can't wait to get it out on the road, though this is another winter that feels like it may never end!

Bob and Mike, I've replied to your PMs.
82 KZ1300
06 CBR1000RR
89, 83 RZ350
88 CBR1000F Hurricane
72 Yam AS3, 82 CT110

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 9 years 11 months ago #3291

• ventura
Just had my 13 out for its first run of the season yesterday, and I love the hydraulic clutch mod, such a nice light action and so smooth, thanks again Pete F for the great write up, and Bill for reposting it!

Also, I still have two plates left if anyone wants to make this upgrade themselves.
82 KZ1300
06 CBR1000RR
89, 83 RZ350
88 CBR1000F Hurricane
72 Yam AS3, 82 CT110
Attachments:

Hydraulic Clutch Converstion 9 years 1 month ago #6806

• Zedstu
  • Thank you received: 0
Didn't know if I should start a new thread. I'm about 50% done with my conversion. Ihave the master / slave cylinders and all nice and clean. Waiting on master kit because the dust seal was cracked. I've built the plate per specs here. Now my question:

I know I have to remove the bellcrank / lever on the clutch rod/bolt. What then? I"ll need some kind of spacer to take up the gap from inside the slave piston where it pushes on the clutch rod/bolt. What did you guys use?

For those who have done this mod, does the rod / slave piston just naturally fall into a proper "gap" when the clutch lever is released? I know the master has a return spring and that the fluid should tend to suck the slave piston back. I understand how the hydraulics and how the clutch works. I'm just worried that the slave piston will tend to push some on the rod/bolt and cause slippage or wear (kind of like "riding the clutch"). How do you protect the end of the treaded rod/bolt from wear from the slave piston / spacer.

I should have the rest of my parts this weekend. I still haven't test fitted the hose I have (stainless with clear cover, came wit the master/slave parts). I may have to replace it.

Stuart
79 KZ1300
79 CBX
78 SR500
85 Alazzurra 650

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds