Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11916

• mmoody66
  • mmoody66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Just purchased full set of valves from major UK supplier

They are such bad quality they bent while just fitting with valve Spring compressor ! fitted them all
Turned head over filled head cavity with paraffin to check sealed vales 3 X cylinders bleed out, surprised me as I spent a while cutting new valves in with fine paste nice fine seal line I have done a few times over the years

Fettled around thought they may be tight in new valve seals so took valves back out of head to find they are very bent WTF !!! Not just slightly bent

Any one else experienced similar or am I just On another dimension !!!

NOT a Good F#*%ing DAy

Think I will buy used head fro fleebay and use as a donor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11917

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
They were most likely imported from China. We get a lot of Chinese stuff at work; it’s always pi$$ poor quality.
Onwards and upwards, when you finally get it running sweet it will all be worth the pain.
;)
Z1300 UK

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11922

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
This Chinese supply of all things wanted is a dilemma. We as consumers push for lower prices on things we want and force suppliers to challenge their manufacturers who then look at areas that might help cut the costs, so we end up with Chinese parts made with cheap unskilled labour with metal made from scrap iron being supplied by American scrap yards. It will take a long time for things to get better and the only way we can force the issue is to now demand higher quality and pay a reasonable price for the higher quality. either the Chinese supply will get better in quality or the Chinese will be shut out of manufacturing anything except Chinese Food.

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11923

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Rule of thumb, don't buy Chinese knowingly.
Who was the supplier of the Valves, worth letting the forum know to prevent others making that mistake, I would imagine if it's a major supplier they aren't just selling Chinese Valves. That then at least allows people to be able to question them firstly as to where the products they are buying have been manufactured. They will not be the only supplier of Chinese parts lessons to be learnt here.
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11925

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I well have you know that the Wee Fuk Yuo Over Chines Valve company buy velly good scrap from Ozzie scrap yard
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Dog shit pattern valves 7 years 11 months ago #11926

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I may not know a lot about bikes but I sure as hell know a lot about Chinese manufacturing. The entire country is rife with counterfeit goods. Deception and unapproved changes are expected. They will do anything to save a penny on any step of the process and will screw you without a second thought. I used to import a large amount of products direct from China and I learned my lesson the hard way. I only use North American distributors now. Their brand name products may still ultimately be made in China but at least I have someone I can yell at or sue in English if they screw me over.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds