Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11752

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote: LEDKZ1300 is in the perfect position to verify this info. I see he has the engine split and Lots of slack in the chain. Perfect time to see how much crankshaft rotation it takes to remove the slack. Up for the task Bud??

Am I too late to the party? My engine is at a shop but next time I am there I would be happy to check this. What exactly do you need me to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11753

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

kwak1261 wrote:

Kawboy wrote: Aye Aye Captain. Where did you source the chains??

Aye aye captain... LoL

that was the same company that supplied the chains a week ago.. ZPower in Manchester UK.
not sure where they got them and no identifying marks on the chain, they might be made of cheese.

How much did your chains cost you? I priced them from MCG and they want 375 Euro

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11755

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72

Ledkz1300 wrote: How much did your chains cost you? I priced them from MCG and they want 375 Euro

i answered in another post but here it is again both chains cost £295 thats 368 euros

Ledkz1300 wrote: next time I am there I would be happy to check this. What exactly do you need me to do?

ill let Kawboy explain this one, he doesn't like the figures i got.. :unsure:
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ledkz1300

Last edit: by kwak1261.

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11756

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

kwak1261 wrote:

Ledkz1300 wrote: How much did your chains cost you? I priced them from MCG and they want 375 Euro

i answered in another post but here it is again both chains cost £295 thats 368 euros

Ledkz1300 wrote: next time I am there I would be happy to check this. What exactly do you need me to do?

Ok. I think I missed that. So the price is about the same. Thanks!

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11758

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

kwak1261 wrote:

Easy there KWAK 1261. I appreciate your input. Why else are we here if not to learn from each other. I value your comments.

I'm having a problem trying to understand how 18mm of slop only comes up at 3.5 degrees of rotation. A why I measured 12 degrees of crank rotation before my timing chain started moving the cam. Either I have a chain ready to fall off the sprocket or.........you and I are coming up with 2 different numbers based on differences in how we are coming up with our numbers. And I'm not sure who's right here. The primary reason for posting this topic is to help everyone realize that this particular engine is very unique in the fact that the camshaft and ignition timing could be thrown off by a bad primary drive chain. Although the ignition timing can be altered as the chains stretch where the camshaft timing cannot.

so, LEDKZ1300, if you want to do a check for the group since you're engine is apart, could you hold the secondary shaft and rotate the crank in one direction until you can't anymore and then rotate it in the opposite direction until it won't go anymore and measure the difference of the crank rotation. Hopefully you have a degree wheel you can set up on the end of the crank like KWAK shows in his pics.
Thanks, Kawboy

Suffering from Low Compression? Ponder this 8 years 3 weeks ago #11759

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'll get my mechanic to do this next time I am there. Probably this week. I've got case covers to pick up to strip, clean and polish. I am USELESS as a mechanic but my guy knows his stuff. He's the one who recommended I change them due to the slop I had.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds