• Page:

TOPIC:

Sludge in Rad Cap 8 years 9 months ago #8318

• charlie9670
  • charlie9670's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Just done first 100 miles and runs and rides excellent apart from slight low revs and tickover problem which carb clean will hopefully fix. No overheating, runs cool if anything but just found sludge in the rad cap and the resevoir tank, also oily resedue around the left spark plug just running down the block, could even be from the head gasket. Coolant and rad all clean but may have been cleaned by former keeper, I will flush and refill and try again but thinking the worst at the moment. Any hope it is not engine apart job ? :(
:) Z13 UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by charlie9670.

Sludge in Rad Cap 8 years 9 months ago #8319

• charlie9670
  • charlie9670's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Got hold of former keeper on the phone and he assured me he hasnt touched the coolant for years so maybe its not as bad as im thinking, just build up of old crud!..if I'm lucky
:) Z13 UK

Sludge in Rad Cap 8 years 9 months ago #8328

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Take your rad off and give it a good flush. I gave mine a good flush by jamming a spud in the bottom outlet and pouring a pint of truck wash into rad and give a good shake or you can use wash powder. left for an hour then done a forward and reverse flush with the hose pipe. Take your thermostat out and flush engine surprising how much shite gets removed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds