Electrical

TOPIC:

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #7855

• Ager
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Have a whole heap of these in NZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #7992

• AERIAL0
  • AERIAL0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Update. Still no feckin spark :evil: S Today bike transported to a friends to sort out. Who will use a scope to check out all feeds from pick up coils and check all inputs and outputs from igniter unit. Placed an order with Lauri for a new igniter unit as he only has a few left and if not required shall place in spares for the future.
Gives me time to work on the Z750 twin while the Z1300 away.
Shall keep you informed re outcome re Z1300?

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #7993

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Sorry I haven't read the whole post so if this has already been talked over I'm sorry for the repeat.

have you tried the pick up coils back in 79 I know they had an issue with them "the pick coil unit" having a problem.

Richard

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #8009

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Have tried the ins and outs of megs arse to sort out and know the FAQ section backwards plus other forums.
Own the A3 model. Must admit a pain re the ignition side due to the change from the A1 to the A3.
Call me stupid, but have spent over 40 hours trying to sort out the problem, since the bike whas runing fine then went tits up over a period of a week.
Hence just took to a guy that understands how the igniter works. Yes the pick ups could be at fault , but give such a low voltage to the igniter not able to pick up on the meter that i have, hence the scope will pick it up?

Fingers crossed will get the problem sorted? And shall write a book re the problem to help other members.

As my old Aunt says. Life is an education. But its doing my head in and only want to ride the bike.

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #8011

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Hi Stocktoy(Richard),

I didn't realise one of my henchmen is a fan of the Big Z! (my daughter just pointed out your Avatar and I never made the connection before)

Aerial0,

A scope will definitely show up any differences in the output signal levels from the 3 pickups. In the past I used a scope on mine (A1/A2/B2 pickups in housing behind block) and found a very reduced signal from one of the pickups.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

LOST SPARK? 8 years 9 months ago #8013

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just took a look at www.z1300.de re price of a new set of pick ups. 750 Euro :woohoo: 2nd hand unit 350 Euro. Just hope that mine are working.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds