• Page:

TOPIC:

HID upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #5357

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I just upgraded the standard halogen H3 to a HID H3 that I purchased from KB carstuff.com. The bulb has a shield so not to blind on coming drivers and also to better utilize the the reflector. It also has a hi/lo function as well. I angled the light slightly downward as well. What a improvement to the original and also only uses 35 watts as well freeing up some power ;) The slim ballast fit nice and neat into the headlight bucket as well. This is a good quality kit with a warranty.Stay away from those Xentec Chinese HID kits from Ebay.They are junk and will fail at the most inopportune moment(ask me how I know).And will cost more in the long run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kennyb.

HID upgrade 9 years 4 months ago #5368

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Good to hear of somebody doing it properly.
A mate of mine fitted a cheap chinese kit to his 4x4 when he gets behind me i feel like reversing up over his bonnet.
I actually found the standard headlight to be ok it was my fist night ride on saturday and i was surprised at the high beam in comparison to a harley softail I had been riding for the past few years.

HID upgrade 8 years 8 months ago #8244

• Madspark3
  • Thank you received: 0
Glad to hear of the success from this post! I've been Leary of the quality of some of the kits out there. Got any pics of the figment?
Cheers!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds