Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hazards only flash on one side 9 years 7 months ago #4723

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
If you find the 3 pin connector down the loom from the switch with Orange/Green, Grey and Green wires, and disconnect it. You can then short all three terminals on the connector on the main loom (use bits of wire or staples, paper clips etc.). If the problem still persists the fault is loom side. If the hazards all flash the problem is switch side.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hazards only flash on one side 9 years 7 months ago #4724

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

zed_thirteen wrote: If you find the 3 pin connector down the loom from the switch with Orange/Green, Grey and Green wires, and disconnect it. You can then short all three terminals on the connector on the main loom (use bits of wire or staples, paper clips etc.). If the problem still persists the fault is loom side. If the hazards all flash the problem is switch side.

Forget this, just looked at wiring diagram and the wiring goes through two different connectors into the loom. Probably best not to try, sorry
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Hazards only flash on one side 9 years 6 months ago #4763

• mikesa
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Kenny. I had the same with my A5 voyager. If the turn signals work to left and right but your hazards arent wirking its the hazard switch thats faulty. I stripped mine down, cleaned contacts and lubricated and it worked fine. You will find a small spring and ball working the contact plate. If you had bad contact this will heat up the ball and spring. It fits in the pladtic switch housing so it melts it open and the ball comes out and prevents switching on both sides. Might be your problem.
Mikesa

Hazards only flash on one side 9 years 6 months ago #4813

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I figured out the issue it was critter damage. Found the wires that affect the hazards and they look like they were gnawed on by something in the past. Cut out the bad wire replaced with marine grade wire,soldered and heat shrink.Now working as there supposed to.Thanks all for responding :cheer:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds