Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Accel coil-pack on Ebay 10 years 2 weeks ago #2773

• Roadhazardguy
  • Thank you received: 1
Though I haven't actually ridden my bike yet I did get it running with a set of goldwing GL1500 coils and they seem to do the job pretty good. I don't know if anyone else has used these but they're exactly 3 ohms so I was able to get rid of the ballast resistor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Accel coil-pack on Ebay 10 years 2 weeks ago #2782

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65

tackelhappy wrote: Nology has worked for me for much the same reasons - big output , small size , 3 ohm and my case I bought the whole system -- coils, wires, and plugs. There was quite the debate on other sites whether the wires actually did anything to boost output or not- hard to tell. But once I fitted the Motogadget electronic dashboard the wires interfered with it to the point where I went back to more regular wires.
Lucky for us that Harley riders customise so much , giving us such a big choice of coils.

I've heard good things about Nology.

As for the Harley mods, I wished us Metric Riders had that many choices. I think we would have many more 1300's on the road if we had better options for spares.

But as you can see, the various home-brewed electrical and mechanical mods seem to be doing the trick.

One thing I really appreciate is the fact that we have so many talented and inventive types on this site.

Keep those ideas flowing guys, and gals, if there are any??????

Todd.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds