• Page:

TOPIC:

electric solenoid fuel valve 10 years 2 months ago #1614

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
After reading all the warnings from people about the possibility of fuel either flooding cylinders or filling the gearbox because I leave my fuel tap on, I have purchased a 12 volt small electric solenoid valve to mount on my 13 around the same area as the original solenoid valve (have you seen the price they want for one of those ?? if you can get one!!!), the question is ... the original valve had a 4 pin connection, a yellow, brown, blue and black wire (page 166 in the manual), the new valve has only 2 connections, now thinking that the black is the earth, would the best power connection be to either the brown or the blue ??, I've read and re-read the manual and I am a tad confused, a combination of old age and misspent youth starting to catch up on me, perhaps someone could explain in easy to understand terms (like your explaining it to a kid) as why there are so many connections for a simple valve, why have 3 just to energize it ?, and of course the big question, which one do I use, or do I bridge a couple?, thanks in advance, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

electric solenoid fuel valve 10 years 2 months ago #1618

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I looked at the manual and judging from the diagram at the bottom of 165 blue and black would be your best choice. That way the valve won't switch on if you have the Ignition and Main Switches on and your Engine Stop and Lockout Switches off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kza13

electric solenoid fuel valve 10 years 2 months ago #1646

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Thanks mate, i'll try and get it on sometime over the weekend or whenever, fair bit of overtime going on at work, too tired when I get home to do much, cheers
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds