TOPIC:

No ignition lights 7 years 1 month ago #15615

• mizztheman
  • mizztheman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Gents,

Well I must admit I feel a bit silly now not realising that the seat lock acts as a disabler. Think I've been messing around with simple two strokes for too long.

You know what its like once you get started so I decided to connect up the temporary fuel tank and see if I could get her started. The existing tank is the peanut shape with emulsified petrol and other kinds of things lurking about so, I managed to source a nice and proper Z1300 tank. Anyway, not ready to fit that as yet so, after a few turns I managed to get her running. Although lumpy the engine sounds quite nice with no unusual noises. Noticed that the first three exhaust headers, on the left hand side, got quite hot but the other 3 only got warm.

I expect the strip down will now start at the weekend but at least I know it runs. Might not get as much time over the weekend as I wished for as my son is coming down from Scotland along with his girlfriend and my Grandson. Might use that to my advantage though and get my son to give me a hand getting the engine out. :)

Regards

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mizztheman.

No ignition lights 7 years 1 month ago #15616

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Good stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizztheman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds