Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Turn signal indicator light always on 8 years 3 days ago #11947

• Don_Karlos
  • Don_Karlos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody,
I opened a can of worms! My bike is obviously one from US/Canada and was somewhen imported to Germany a while ago. I bought it as a project bike and due to a health problem I never made it since up to now. The first thing was to bring it back to life and now it is running smoothly and like it should. BUT, I found that I have a mixture of US electrical system and what is needed here in Germany. For an example: We don't have running lights here. When I started working on the electric I checked all the light bulbs and found 3 of the turn signal bulbs to be dead. So I bought new ones BA15S 21W 12V. And, oh wonder, they didn't fit in the front turn signals! I found that in US KZ1300 there are different sockets with two contacts in there for the running light function. So I converted the sockets to BA15S Sockets and now the right bulbs are fitting. Meanwhile I got rid of the self canceling device under the batterie tray and also of the reserve Lightning system which is not necessary and also doesn't conform with german regulations since you need an on off switch for the headlights and a parking light integrated in the head light assy. Ok, I did what I had to do and now I have a Problem:
Everything is working like it is supposed to do BUT the turn signal indicator light for the right side is always on. I have german sockets with ground wire and hot wire and hot is connected to the gray one and ground is connected to black/yellow like it should be. Even pulling a dedicated ground wire from the ground of the turn signal to the ground of the battery doesn't turn of the indicator light in the instrument cluster. Any ideas?
Advice is like always appreciated!
Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn signal indicator light always on 8 years 3 days ago #11950

• Don_Karlos
  • Don_Karlos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Alright,
I found the Problem!
The Black/Yellow Ground cable to the three instrument cluster bulbs on the right side of the cluster was broken right at the point were they are crimp together. This connection is under the insulation tape and invisible. Hard to find. I was measuring the resistance of every cable (after opening the instrument cluster....) and heureka tno ground.
Problem is fixed and I hope that it will help somebody else with the same problem in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds