• Page:

TOPIC:

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10791

• bobber-edd
  • bobber-edd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
AFTER a long time of wondering why the dam starter switch wont work ive fixed it.it was stripped right down and all the bits and those tiny springs and ball bearings and what an arse it was .Ive rewired the switch and it still didnt work aaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: then the eureka moment :woohoo: :woohoo: i just looked at the laminated wiring diagram again and noticed :huh: the yellow wire with a red stripe from the starter solenoid actually goes to black wire with yellow stripe wtf well thats what thought ,and now it works perfectly
zed 13 1979 A1 model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10792

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Japanese wiring can be a nightmare without following the diagrams. I once worked on a peewee 50 Wich you would assume the wiring would be very basic on . It had no harness and The stator and cdi wiring was colour coded and plugged into each other yet no spark.Turns out in the wiring diagram it changed colour once or twice and they swapped over and even had a diode in it for protection.

Last edit: by aus_z1300.

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10793

• bobber-edd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
yeah its not the only weird bit of wiring but at least its running now after 20 years happy days
zed 13 1979 A1 model

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10795

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Don't know how many times I've posted on this site, the best tool I ever made was to take the PDF page of the wiring diagram into my local printing shop and have them blow it up to fit an 11" x 17" page and then have it laminated. Then you can "see" everything and if you have to trace out wiring, you can mark up the drawing with a water soluble marker. After you finish "fixing " your problem, just wipe down the laminated drawing and hang it up in your shop. Makes for a great conversation piece and gives you an opportunity to brag about how you use this great tool to fix your ride. It's impressive even if it's only viewed by yourself. Hence the "Eureka Moment"

And Good job Bobber-edd for routing out your wiring issue. Electrical isn't a favorite topic for most people. But really it's just a road map with different signage.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10799

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
"Electrical isn't a favorite topic for most people. But really it's just a road map with different signage."

So true so true I never thought about the copier or enlarging (wasn't available to me at work) however on many an occasion I've just used a blank sheet of paper to make my own copy of a wiring section to help troubleshooting

EUREKA MOMENT!!!! 8 years 2 months ago #10801

• bobber-edd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
my wife recons its more like the london underground map lol,if I didn't have my laminated map from the internet supply shop I would of made my own like you said kawboy,Ive also just noticed that the yellow wire with the red stripe also goes to the cdi box and the yellow 3 wires to the coils
zed 13 1979 A1 model

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds