• Page:

TOPIC:

What does the kill switch kill ?? 8 years 5 months ago #9750

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Hi all, I ain't the greatest at reading wiring diagrams :S , so I thought I'd ask, got a new right hand switch box a while ago, and this morning I started the bike to warm it up and get the oil circulating while I had a smoke, finished my smoke and it was dark so I got on and turned on the lights with the switch and happened to turn off the kill switch, the bike died, turned the switch back on and no starter, idiot lights are on (neutral and oil pressure), tried the kill switch a few more times, turned the key on and off, still no starter, so where do I start looking apart from the control box which i'm pretty sure is ok cause it is still new(ish), I'll have a look at the wiring diagram soon before the weekend but just wanted a bit of a clue as to where might be a few places to look without tracing 36 year old wiring around, thanks in advance, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What does the kill switch kill ?? 8 years 5 months ago #9758

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Check the fuses under the seat Pete. I bet the new kill switch has a short in the wiring and it blew the main fuse when you bumped it. If the fuse blew then you need to check the wiring on the switch and see if you might have pinched it when you mounted the switch.

What does the kill switch kill ?? 8 years 5 months ago #9772

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeh starting to think that also, might disable the kill switch, it's the brown and the red and yellow wire ain't it, should be a separate bundle, if i'm reading the diagram right, oh well they say it's going to rain today and showers tomorrow so time to take my ute to work, it needs a run, I have Monday off, it's the Butchers Picnic holiday, only us meat workers get it, so a 3 day weekend will let me sort it out (hopefully), got a new back brake rotor and pads and a caliper kit so i'll do that too, keep your fingers crossed :-), cheers

What does the kill switch kill ?? 8 years 5 months ago #9809

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok all fixed, checked the control box, all ok, checked fuses, all ok, dang now I have to pull off a full fuel tank :angry: , ok tank off, checked the plug connections from the new box to the harness ... ones from the box read ok, hmmm old spade connections on the harness lead, clean them up, put on some WD40 (heaps), spray every other connection around the area, try starter, bike starts !!! :cheer: , kill bike with kill switch, try and start it again, all good, guess I didn't clean the connections well enough when I plugged the new box in, Phew ... now to put that heavy tank back on, wish it was a smaller one, cheers all, Pete.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds