TOPIC:

Coil mounting 10 years 5 months ago #601

• Mikez
  • Mikez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Cool! Thanks for the help guys!

By the way, the place I sourced my coils from was super cheap. They even ohmed the coils for me. 8 bucks per coil and 8 to ship. I only had to paypal him 32 bucks so it was quite a good deal!
www.ebay.com/usr/rbcyclesalvage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coil mounting 10 years 4 months ago #856

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey everyone!

Sorry to have to revive this thread but another issue arose whilst working on this project this week. The new coils I got for the bike didn't come with wires and the wires I already had don't have fittings that fit on the ends of the new AW-82TRI coils.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could go to get the plug wire crimp connectors that will fit on the coils or affordable premade wires that are long enough to be used on the bike? I wouldn't be against getting new wires, the ones I have right now seem to be cheap low resistance suppression type. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Coil mounting 10 years 4 months ago #857

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
K did some digging and when I look at other coils online it's clear to me now that there's screw-on connectors that go into the ends of the coils and that's what I'm missing :(. So now I have to figure out where I can get these lol.

Coil mounting 10 years 4 months ago #861

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Mike

I assume you're talking about the HT leads ?? You'd be better buying 10 feet of 7mm HT lead and cutting it to suit each spark plug. If the connections you're looking for are the screw on plastic caps that go onto the coil then I think I've some lying around - how many do you need ?

cheers.

Coil mounting 10 years 4 months ago #862

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yep I've got a loom of plug wire coming in the mail next week :).

Yeah the plastic caps are what I seem to be missing. Never seen one up close and couldnt figure out why my current cables have clips and the coils look like spikes. I assume you just jam the wire in there with the spike going through the copper strands in the middle? lol. I'll need all six of the caps though. Message me? Thanks so much!

Coil mounting 10 years 4 months ago #866

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Wanted to post this in the forum in case someone needs it later :). I managed to figure out a part # for those end caps. It's a discontinued part and when I do an Ebay search for the part # the only guy that has one up wants 25 bucks for it lol(Yeah, that's not happening.). Part# 30501-428-003. A good list of other bikes with that part # can be found at www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-30501-428-003.html.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds