Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #7968

• SIXPIPES
  • SIXPIPES's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, while I am waiting for elektronik-sachse to come back off holiday I thought I would take my Dynatek main unit aprt to see if I could find out why it blew. Two days of picking all the encapsulation off and I can see most of the components, I found a couple of dry joints and have re soldered, I also damaged one of the componants while getting all the stuff off so that will have to be re placed. Does any one have one of these units fitted to their bikes as I had to use the wiring from the Dyna for the elektronik-sachse system. I need to know which connections are for the 12v switched live and the 0v into the main unit, I have the connection block with all the pick up wires intact but will need to re connect the coil wires and the live/ov supply.
I will post a picture on here of the stripped unit for interest.
TRIUMPH T120R,BSA A7,BSA A10,BSA SPITFIRE,BSA ROCKET 3 RV,ARIAL SQ 4,S.O.S, RUDGE, BENELLI 750SEI,BENELLI 900SEI, KZ900, SUZUKI GT750, SUZUKI RE5, KAWASAKI H1A, KAWASAKI H2, MOTO GUZZI 850T, NORTON FASTBACK, NORTON INTERSTATE, SUNBEAM S8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SIXPIPES.

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #7972

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
According to my installation manual the red goes to 12V switched live and the black goes to battery negative. Blue to coil 1-6, white to 2-5 and violet to 3-4. There is also a red wire in this group with 3 spade terminals which connects to the other side of the three coils.

The 2 power connections should already be in a plug housing to connect where the original Kawasaki module connects.

Let me know if you need any more info a I have a dyna2000 system on my bike.

I tried to get the epoxy off mine so I could get in to it but I didn't scratch the surface and was worried about damaging the unit (I think mine packs up when its warm but it could be anything?)
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #7973

• SIXPIPES
My guess would be a dry joint, anyway I learnt a lot taking it apart - I will post a picture tomorrow. I cut the aluminium housing down both sides, the smallest edges are the best to do. I then used a hot air gun and prized the unit from its housing, if you use the hot air gun on the resin type encapsulation that they use, it cuts easily (Stanley knife) and also comes away fairly easy with a small flat screw driver, you will notice a big difference using hot air against trying to do it without.
Do not try this until I post the picture as there are two components that you could easily damage, as long as you know where they are it gives you a fighting chance.
I could do with knowing the exact connections as I had to use some of the wires and one block for my other ignition system.
I have the main block that fits into the Dyna unit but I had to remove the coil wires and the 12v and 0v wires so I do not know which wires go where any more.
TRIUMPH T120R,BSA A7,BSA A10,BSA SPITFIRE,BSA ROCKET 3 RV,ARIAL SQ 4,S.O.S, RUDGE, BENELLI 750SEI,BENELLI 900SEI, KZ900, SUZUKI GT750, SUZUKI RE5, KAWASAKI H1A, KAWASAKI H2, MOTO GUZZI 850T, NORTON FASTBACK, NORTON INTERSTATE, SUNBEAM S8.

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #7983

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think this is probably the best image I managed to capture:

I think if you click on that image it will lead you to the others?
s1195.photobucket.com/user/zed_thirteen/...0DYNA2000%20Ignition

The smaller size wires are the ones from the pick-ups

Hope this helps. If you need more info just ask
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Last edit: by zed_thirteen. Reason: add hyperlink

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #7985

• SIXPIPES
I have no idea how to put pictures on so I had to do a link for the pcb pictures.
Thanks for the pictures of the wiring, tried it on the bench without the coils and the pick ups are switching just fine and working through the unit. I have no LED coming on though so I will replace the capacitor that I damaged and keep my fingers crossed.

mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=3493848...=2&saveAs=image1.JPG

mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=3493848...=2&saveAs=image1.JPG

DYNATEK WIRING CONNECTIONS 8 years 9 months ago #8008

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry but those links only work if I log in as you. Can you send them to my PM address please?
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds