Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Digital ignition ZDG3.3 (Kawasaki Z1300A1) 8 years 9 months ago #7903

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

SIXPIPES wrote: Hi thanks for the advice but the plate that I assume had the timing marks on them is no longer there. Dynatek used there own plate but this is not compatible with the new system. Who ever fitted the Dyna system must have thrown the original plate away long ago.
Any suggestions please as the people who make the new system (elektronik-sachse.) are away on shutdown/holiday until the 7th if July

Well, that's the shits. you could buy a timing degree wheel or go here www.laverdafinland.org/cape/kuvat/Degree%20Wheel.jpg

and print off this pic and glue it to a piece of sheetmetal and bore a hole through it and attach to the crank. The only other thing you need is a piece of wire looped around one of the cover plate screws and then bend the wire to indicate on the timing wheel if you have a dial gauge then find TDC and then index the timing wheel to 0deg. TDC then you can rotate to 10 deg BTDC and mark your timing plate.

There is a mathematical calculation to figure out what position the piston would be at any given crankshaft degree but it's dependent on the length of the connecting rod center to center but I don't have that value.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy. Reason: spelling
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds