Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xmas holidays at last 7 years 2 months ago #15248

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Been filtering through the last few weeks of posts and hope I understand this correctly:

Regarding the "mystery wire". It could be that a P/O ran this wire to power driving lights or some other accessory. I have done the same thing for an auxiliary driving light which is tied into the High-bean side of the headlight. I incorporated a relay (located in the headlight bucket) so the additional current isn't going through the handle-bar headlight switch. Definitely worth while finding the end of that "mystery wire" to make certain you don't have a Hot-end floating around. If this wire is otherwise intact and routed intelligently you might want to leave it for some future use.

Not being able to get over 5000rpm could be blocked ports in the emulsion tube(s). The best way and frankly, the only way to clean these (unfortunately)is to remove them. By doing so you can visually inspect and confirm their condition. Equally important as ensuring the multi-ports in the emulsion tube are clean is attention to the flanged end of this tube which is the end the high speed needle goes into in the venturi. It is susceptible to mineral/scale build up which will have a detrimental affect on the fuel spray pattern.

Regarding the "O-ring thingy". Somewhat puzzling as no such "seal" is incorporated in the coaster enrichment valve.
Not easy to tell it's actual size/scale or internal shaping but it looks similar to the choke plunger seals.

Hope something in this helps.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xmas holidays at last 7 years 2 months ago #15250

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Ok I hate the rubber rings on the air box, but after a bit of wiggling and a bit of silicon lube it's on, all ok, balance was a bit out, did the pre-setting according to the manual, tighten down and back off 1 and 1/2 turns, had to fiddle with them a bit after that, also it helps to remember to turn on the fuel tap on the external fuel supply, hard to balance when it's slowly running out of fuel :-), got the colortune out, got a nice blue in all cylinders, so it seems all is well, noticed the old hand shake when doing a few fine adjustments, old age I guess, anyway uploaded a video of it running after I finished it all, i'll see if I can remember how to load it onto here, cheers Pete. (hand shakes on the video also, damn)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Last edit: by kza13.

Xmas holidays at last 7 years 2 months ago #15254

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Nicely done there Pete. Now get out there and shake that throttle !!

Xmas holidays at last 7 years 2 months ago #15301

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Ok I've had a bit of a shock ... usual thing, cost of stuff, I adjust the balance of the carbs using a bit of a homemade spanner for the shaft, thought while on holidays i'll order a "proper" spanner at least that way i'll always have it, got the tape out and measured the old ones on the set of carbs I took off and came to the conclusion that i'd need a 3.5mm spanner, please tell me i'm right and it's not a 3mm or a 4mm ???, anyway got online and holy smoke, you'd think i'm buying a cheap complete socket set from china ... Stahlwille Combination Spanner 3.5mm = $18.43 AUD, anyway c'est la vie, I needed one anyway :-)

Oh yeh, got fed up with all the Harleys going past my place with those loud exhaust pipes, can hear them coming from miles away, so took the old girl for a run to the local shops with the baffle removed from the DG 6 into 1, never do that again :-), you think a straight thru pipe on a Harley is loud, try doing that to a 13, thank goodness for a full face helmet, muffled the sound a bit :-), did a video, but it shows the blue smoke coming from the exhaust when revving it, didn't want to show that she still burns a bit of oil on here ... damn now I told you, shhh our secret :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Last edit: by kza13.

Xmas holidays at last 7 years 2 months ago #15303

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I still have most of the set of Stahlwille spanners I bought in 1974 to replace the stolen toolbox and I still use them today and they are as good as the day I bought them. For many years I was working for Suzuki and Honda and used then full time.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds