• Page:

TOPIC:

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15006

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
This might be just me, but does anyone else on here get a sense of smug satisfaction when you see someone on flea-bay selling parts for the KZ1300 at hugely inflated prices and they go unsold?. I always think “serves you right you greedy bar steward”. I know that everybody likes to make a profit, but why don’t they just put it up for auction and see what it brings.
Z1300 UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15007

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
What gets me is that in many cases they are triple the price of the same bikes or parts that are listed right next to their adds. What many don't understand is that anything is only worth what the buyer will pay regardless of the value to the seller.
Always check out the market and if it is a complete bike, car or a house sell the sizzle not the sausage.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Last edit: by RickG.

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15008

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

McZed wrote: This might be just me, but does anyone else on here get a sense of smug satisfaction when you see someone on flea-bay selling parts for the KZ1300 at hugely inflated prices and they go unsold?. I always think “serves you right you greedy bar steward”. I know that everybody likes to make a profit, but why don’t they just put it up for auction and see what it brings.

Sure pays to look around there are usually plenty of other options, but you would think that those exorbitant nuts would do that to see what's reasonable or at least close to competitive. Course it may pay off to see if you can get a sucker with your first cast. Do you see those high priced guys come back later with more reasonable demands?
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15009

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
They say a fool and his money are soon parted but every time I run across a fool all I get is a sad story of how some hole took him down and now he's broke.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15016

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I've noticed a few parts on ebay (uk) recently that were ridiculously priced.....and igniter and pick up coils I think - needless to say they've been relisted....shocker !! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Prices. 7 years 4 months ago #15017

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
I noticed the same thing too. But some folks are stepping way beyond my price point so the sellers will just keep raising prices until sales droop. Then try again. Free market supply and demand I suppose.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds