• Page:

TOPIC:

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14691

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Really annoyed that I have not got my Zed13's gremlins fixed yet - but slowly getting there: I long ago resigned myself to the reality that it'll be Spring before my "ride of choice" will be back on the road.
But today here in the UK the sun popped out, and I had the chance to meet up with a mate on his mint GPZ900R. With having no Z13 to use, I've been running my Z900 and have put over 1000 trouble free and enjoyable miles on her over the past 2-3 months. I had forgotten what a very capable and beautiful bike the Z900 really is - cant believe that design is approx 45 yrs old.

Here she is relaxing in the sun

Really miss that Z13 though :whistle:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14692

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Wow two really beautiful bikes

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14693

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

Tonto wrote: Really annoyed that I have not got my Zed13's gremlins fixed yet - but slowly getting there: I long ago resigned myself to the reality that it'll be Spring before my "ride of choice" will be back on the road.
But today here in the UK the sun popped out, and I had the chance to meet up with a mate on his mint GPZ900R. With having no Z13 to use, I've been running my Z900 and have put over 1000 trouble free and enjoyable miles on her over the past 2-3 months. I had forgotten what a very capable and beautiful bike the Z900 really is - cant believe that design is approx 45 yrs old.

Here she is relaxing in the sun

Really miss that Z13 though :whistle:

Cheers Tim

Your 900 is truly beautiful!
Have you ever wondered how much your gas mileage would improve if you didn't have that giant placard attached to the back? :woohoo:
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14695

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Bill, all joking asdide its a real pain, if you vary a Number Plate by as little as 5mm or use a non approved font, you are looking at an instant stop by the first copper you come across and a £60 fine: basically its an easy pull for the police.

Motoring offences have become big business and a cash generator in the Police State that the UK has become: there are rumoured to be in excess of 10,000 Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras dotted around the UK road networks; from which they determine if your vehicle is taxed and insured etc.~(thats in addition to the thousands of speed cameras that exist).

Must be the most surveilled people in the world: CCTV literally everywhere, Drones, etc etc - bit like Big Brother.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14696

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
A "bit" like big brother? Disturbing how much UK citizens are under surveillance.

That 900 is a beautiful machine. Quite a back up. B)

Z13 still sick - break out the Z900 7 years 5 months ago #14698

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
I. too, love the Z1 / Z900 / Z1000. The four into four exhaust is beautiful. I love the whistling sound this engine makes, and the fact that it is really over engineered. The roller bearing crank must have been costly to produce.
I also admire the KZ1100, and would like one some day.
Hope you soon have the 1300 running correctly.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds