Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

IN THE FROZEN NORTH 7 years 6 months ago #14636

• dogfight
  • dogfight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi guys;
I just got back from picking up my kz1300 in New Brunswick. I thought I'd pick up a universal type windshield for the ride home but nobody out there had one. Cold and very wet ride home about 1600 Km but I'm in one piece and the Kawi never faultered.
One question though, does this bike use a thermostadt, 'cause the engine temperature gauge never even made it into the normal range until a brief warm spell around Montreal.
Also; does anyone know where to get carb rebuild kits for these bikes?
Thanks,
Dogfight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IN THE FROZEN NORTH 7 years 6 months ago #14639

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Repair kit ebay item 162177523783

Brass floats see Scotch's float kits on this forum
The engine does or is supposed to have a thermostat but as usual they are removed by some because of the mistaken belief that they know more about cooling than the experts
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: dogfight

Last edit: by RickG. Reason: stupid ebay link rubbish

IN THE FROZEN NORTH 7 years 6 months ago #14646

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Congrats on the successful ride on the new bike.

You say it was a cold, wet ride. Last few days I've been riding mine around it never gets past 1/3 unless I have to stop. Mine definitely has a thermostat.

Carb rebuild kits can be had on ebay. I think the seller of mine was crunzimage or something like that. The rubber seals are not good with ethanol based fuels but other than that they were ok.

There is a list of the proper material seals in this thread:

www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/carburato...-o-ring-kits?start=6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

IN THE FROZEN NORTH 7 years 6 months ago #14647

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Ledkz1300 wrote: Congrats on the successful ride on the new bike.

You say it was a cold, wet ride. Last few days I've been riding mine around it never gets past 1/3 unless I have to stop. Mine definitely has a thermostat.

Carb rebuild kits can be had on ebay. I think the seller of mine was crunzimage or something like that. The rubber seals are not good with ethanol based fuels but other than that they were ok.

Glad to see my writings on ethanol related isssues are sinking in. Thank you !!

For the record, buy the Viton orings. Get yourself some gasket material and cut yourself a new set of carb bowl gaskets. Clean all of the brass pieces in the carb including the enrichening valve with Autosol or a similar product and perform your regular carb cleaning and reassemble. total cost, maybe $20.00 and you'll be far better off than buying the carb kits. The orings are the BIG DEAL here. The carb bowl gasket is pittence.

IN THE FROZEN NORTH 7 years 6 months ago #14651

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote:

Ledkz1300 wrote: Congrats on the successful ride on the new bike.

Glad to see my writings on ethanol related isssues are sinking in. Thank you !!

For the record, buy the Viton orings. Get yourself some gasket material and cut yourself a new set of carb bowl gaskets. Clean all of the brass pieces in the carb including the enrichening valve with Autosol or a similar product and perform your regular carb cleaning and reassemble. total cost, maybe $20.00 and you'll be far better off than buying the carb kits. The orings are the BIG DEAL here. The carb bowl gasket is pittence.

Some of us are catching on thanks to guys like you. :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds