Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

honda on a kawasaki site??? 7 years 6 months ago #14382

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
The original CBX1000Z (105 BHP) did not sell really well in the UK, mainly due to the price and very high service costs due to the many special tools required for service and the extra 2 cylinders (making it a bike and half.......like the 1300) !

They were nearly £3000 new in the UK when a GS1000 or Z1000 or CB900F was around £2000............which says it all.

It did sell much better in the USA and Canada, which is why Honda re-designed the Pro Link with a fairing as their market place prefers.
The also dropped the Pro Link model motor to 100BHP to work inline with the Europrean "gentlemans agreement" in the early 80's which did not last long thank fully.
Having ridden both the Z and the Pro Link the drop in 5 BHP was not noticeable at all.

I had three CBX1000Z's and really liked them all, but as said previously, the 1300 is a much easier bike to own.

All in all, if money is no issue, it would be nice to have one of each in the garage.......without being greedy of course !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

honda on a kawasaki site??? 7 years 6 months ago #14386

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Yes it would be awesome to own both. I saw one for sale on Kijiji in Ontario and he wants $10,000 CAD firm. Which would be $7000 or so USD.

www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/kitchener-...hNavigationFlag=true

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds