paultan.org/2016/05/05/bmw-motorrads-new...line-six-streetbike/

Judge yourself if OK or not.

regards, fine weather and a nice weekend

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new 6-cylinder from BMW ? 7 years 11 months ago #12517

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Now that as a cencept does look nice.......in my option.

I worked with BMW GB / GMBH for a good few years in the late 80's and early 90's which included many Test & Development Rides across Europe. This included the first BMW Bike ABS Tests.............very scary but interesting non the less.
Back then their bikes were very boring & mundane 3 and 4 cylinder (Brick) and Boxer Twin models but non the less very well engineered machines.
This also meant I had a BMW Car from them as well as a bike, which was always a 2 or 2.5 lite 6 cylinder model at my level in the company.
What I can tell you is BMW make a superb straight 6 cylinder engine and the current one in the touring bike modles is very, very good indeed.
Just as long as they dont make it look stupid with a huge ducks bill on the front like some of their existing silly bikes or too much like the million awful Square "Charlie & Ewan" models they already have, it could well be interesting ?

Its just such a shame Kawasaki will not follow suite with an upto date 6...........it would be great, especially with a 6 into 1 pipe fitted !!!!

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Last edit: by strate6.

new 6-cylinder from BMW ? 7 years 11 months ago #12518

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
There have been rumors of a 6 cylinder sport bike for years from BMW, but they never seem to follow through.

I would love to a ride a k 1600 GT version... they are priced like a BMW though.

1981 KZ1300
Attachments:

Last edit: by Tyler.

new 6-cylinder from BMW ? 7 years 11 months ago #12519

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
How about a Robert Bolduc Replica KZX1300R. I have it as a screen saver. Truly inspirational.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Kawboy.

new 6-cylinder from BMW ? 7 years 11 months ago #12520

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Holger, I like the look of that, and would be interested in one.
My mate has a K1600GT and raves about how great the engine is: it would make sense for BMW to use the existing K1600 engine in another bike, as they do with the Boxer range. I think they did a good job with the R nine t.

But I am biased :whistle: :whistle:

As Pete said, shame Kawasaki do not do a modern interpretation of the Z13: that said, the rumour mill at my local Kawasaki dealer is that a a Z1 - Z900 styled retro with a Super-charged 900cc engine is almost certainly going to be put in production. Fingers crossed for that to make it into the showroom.

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

new 6-cylinder from BMW ? 7 years 11 months ago #12521

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
If it exists and I have it on a fairly reliable authority that it is very much a concept among hundreds of concepts that are investigated by manufacturers each year, then I hope it is a bit more exciting to ride than the K1600GTL I rode about 4 years ago. Nice bike but to be quite honest it did very little for me and the price well that will still be a large part of the mortgauge redraw after the bike has been sold for 15% of the original cost.
BMWNA has not seen or heard of anything like it from the factory as yet and they usually get fairly good notice because a lot of testing is done in North America.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds