Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12295

• AERIAL0
  • AERIAL0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mark wrote: Dave, that frame looks like it has been painted recently I might be wrong but it look great in your photo's. Have you checked all your earthing points, along with all electrical componants such as coils ignitors etc that they are earthed to there mounting points i.e you havn't got new frame with paint preventing good earths.
Remember your frame is the electrical return to your battery etc.

Paint work on frame is original and only been polished up. All earths been triple checked, all connectors stripped cleaned. Had a scope on the pick up coils to check and all voltage readings as per manual check out. Remember its an A3 model. The swine of the bunch for electrical problems :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12296

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tonto wrote: Dave,
I share similar Z13 battles: but stick with it, your bike is too nice an example to sell.
Just a thought: a couple of classic bike owning mates, have used a motorcycle electrics guru in solving hard to fix issues: each time he's fixed the gremlin. He's actually worked on my Z13 and fixed an issue.

If you're at the "end of your rope" with it might be worth giving him a call: not sure where you are based, he's located in Long Eaton, Notts, but does a call out service if you cant get your bike to his workshop. He goes by the name "Towza" - (yes its an odd name) - he owns about 12 bikes himself, and is an honest guy to deal with.

towzatronics.com/ tel 07724 410622

Might be worth a call before you get too pi55ed off with your Z13.

Cheers Tim

Hi Tim. Thank you for info. Shall give him a ring. Only 20 mile away from me.

Cheers Dave.

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12310

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I'm with the "don't sell" crowd as well.

My 1300 experience has been an uphill battle every step of the way and I'm still holding on to it/them. I'm in this far I'm not going to let it beat me down now.

I have far less experience on these things than anyone else here but I have a funny electrical story. When I first got the 81 the guy had bypassed the key switch and wired the bike to a hidden kill switch claiming the key switches were bad. Turned out the fuse was broken at the end under the metal part of the housing. Electrical problems can be that simple... which makes them all the more frustrating.

Good luck. You'll find it!

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12322

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi,

There is also a bloke in UK called Ferret, might be worth a call:

www.motorcyclewiring.co.uk/frameset.html

Cheers, Lauri

Do not give up, I have been fighting with the alternator of a Benelli Sei for the last 9 months. Got it working for 10 miles and bust again. Just have take count to eight and stand up...

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12323

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Lauri.
We call him the ferret man in the UK and is always booked up 12 months in advance and have heard on the grapevine that expensive?
Don't mind throwing Wonga at the old girl as I did with you when purchased one of your ic units as thought mine had gone belly up and at the price you sell them for. A bargain as a spare as one day will be non around. Thank you for your input.

Dave.

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 10 months ago #12335

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tonto wrote: Dave,
I share similar Z13 battles: but stick with it, your bike is too nice an example to sell.
Just a thought: a couple of classic bike owning mates, have used a motorcycle electrics guru in solving hard to fix issues: each time he's fixed the gremlin. He's actually worked on my Z13 and fixed an issue.

If you're at the "end of your rope" with it might be worth giving him a call: not sure where you are based, he's located in Long Eaton, Notts, but does a call out service if you cant get your bike to his workshop. He goes by the name "Towza" - (yes its an odd name) - he owns about 12 bikes himself, and is an honest guy to deal with.

towzatronics.com/ tel 07724 410622

Might be worth a call before you get too pi55ed off with your Z13.

Cheers Tim

Thank you for all your inputs re do not sell and have took on board. So one last chance for the old girl and booked in with towzatronics.com for next week. Shall keep you informed re outcome and expense :woohoo:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds