Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12262

• AERIAL0
  • AERIAL0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Guys. Would like to receive your input re what its worth. Please read the following then the pictures.
With deep regret I'm going to move on my Z1300 A3. For the past 2 years she has been given the TLC that deserves, rather than go to the scrap yard.
The following is the work that I have carried out. Starting at the front end. Forks stripped down checked and rebuilt with new seals and oil, brake callipers stripped and cleaned with new seals and fluid same for master cylinder, Tank repainted to a very high standard, Coil conversion with new leads and caps plus plugs (done away with ballast resistor)New air filter and battery (motobat)
New 6 down pipes and collector boxes and right hand muffler (orig Kawasaki)Carbs stripped and cleaned, New out of the box seat unit, Rear brake calliper stripped down with new piston and seals, rear diff oil change plus engine oil and filter change. The bike is very clean and tidy. But one problem that I have is an intermittent spark :evil: one day she will fire up 12 times and run as sweet as a nut. The next day no spark. Have been on the forum many a time re problem and checked every thing that advised to try, and thank you all for your input. Its not the ic unit as purchased one from Lauri to confirm (must say that his units are spot on)Bike fitted with new tyres. Think that's about it re bike. So come on guys please give your input re how much you think its worth?
Would be a shame to strip down for spares as the donkey work has been done.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12265

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Personally? Walk away for a few days. Come back later. That bike is FAR too nice to get rid of, especially for the amount of work you put into it, compared to what's wrong with it.

Electrical issues are a nasty thing anyway- if the igniter is new and the coils are as well (new coils? Or dodgy used one?), it may be simple as a frayed wire in the harness someplace. Now, I can't offer too much advice on what's causing your issue, but I personally would stick with it. I've been where you're at.

Give it some time, come back in a week or two, and see if you feel the same way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AERIAL0

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12267

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
It looks like a 7 grand bike every day of the week to me Dave, a dealer would want a load more,would be a pity to sell it for a big chunk less due to an annoying problem but best of luck and hope you don't give it away
:) Z13 UK

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12269

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Dave, that frame looks like it has been painted recently I might be wrong but it look great in your photo's. Have you checked all your earthing points, along with all electrical componants such as coils ignitors etc that they are earthed to there mounting points i.e you havn't got new frame with paint preventing good earths.
Remember your frame is the electrical return to your battery etc.
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12270

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

Lucien-Harpress wrote: Personally? Walk away for a few days. Come back later. That bike is FAR too nice to get rid of,...

Give it some time, come back in a week or two, and see if you feel the same way.

I'm with Lucien. Take a breather. Imagine how wonderful a bike it will be after you get it sorted out. As a last position I'd drain out the fuel n oil to put it in my living room as furniture.

Something like this.

Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

WITH DEEP REGRET. 7 years 11 months ago #12272

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
im with Lucien as well,
that far to nice to sell after you have done all that work
bypass the kill switch, the contacts are terrible. just a thought.
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds