• Page:

TOPIC:

The learning stage before .... 8 years 4 weeks ago #11651

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Must be the learning stage you go thru just before you get a Z13 with a sidecar :) ;) :lol:

after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The learning stage before .... 8 years 4 weeks ago #11659

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Well at least he has graduated to a real bike
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
Attachments:

The learning stage before .... 8 years 4 weeks ago #11661

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Actually, back in 1983 at the first Griffith Park USCA rally I attended, three of us sat and talked about how to be safe while learning and not tip a rig over to the left in a right hand turn taken too fast. Well, at least for us with sidecars mounted on the RIGHT side! I fabbed up a triangulated brace fr the left side that had a castered 8" tire on it. That tire only cleared the road by 2", and stuck out about 18", so it kept the whole rig from even starting to roll over, but still let the rider know he went too far in speed in a right hander.
So, don't laugh at those training wheels! A heavier-duty version of them is very useful for getting a feel for driving a sidecar rig. KZA13 I'm sure you know well what I'm talking about! They aren't easy to just jump on and drive. It's like learning to ride a bicycle all over again. I've had two of my own rigs crashed by friends who were long time bike riders, but had never driven a sidecar rig and wanted to try it. "Here, hold my beer and watch me do this!". Never again!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds